ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

copy two files from one folder to many folders

<< < (3/4) > >>

Contro:
Running to try.
Best Regards
 :-* :P

Contro:
At the beginning I didn't know how to do, but slowly.....
copy two files from one folder to many folders

I suppose that if I don't check the overwrite option I will not overwrite anything, but I would like the posibility to overwrite when the creation date of the .doc file is more recent.
That is overwrite if the file creation date is more recent in origin. By example in origin the file was modified in sept.21 and in target was last modified in oct.19 , so in this case I need replace or overwrite.
Can I have this ?

Note : the program I am assuming i can use with other extension files like .ods , .xls in the same folder COMPO .
 :Thmbsup:

publicdomain:
Can I have this ?
 :-* :P-Contro (October 01, 2021, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, sure! Next version comes with it. Stay tuned.

Note : the program I am assuming i can use with other extension files like .ods , .xls in the same folder COMPO .
 :Thmbsup:
-Contro (October 01, 2021, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's correct :) Simply change the file or directory pattern before hitting the browse button.

Cheers!

publicdomain:
Hello amigo, since your request overwrites files, should it have a "Backup on overwrite" check box option?

That's the only thing I think is left, unless you keep your own backups.

Contro:
Hello amigo, since your request overwrites files, should it have a "Backup on overwrite" check box option?

That's the only thing I think is left, unless you keep your own backups.
-publicdomain (October 13, 2021, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't understand well what you are trying to say.
It's not a backup. It's overwrite the target file when the original file to be copied is more recent that the one in the target folder.

Note : if you want you can create a subfolder with a copy of the replaced file as a backup. Why not ?.
Or any improvement additional for copying with security, like a reverse module.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version