ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Who here makes ice cream?

<< < (2/2)

rjbull:
I've done snow cream before (snow, vanilla, sweet cream) but never started from scratch.-wraith808 (August 05, 2021, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cue Frank Zappa: WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW!

MilesAhead:
I've done snow cream before (snow, vanilla, sweet cream) but never started from scratch.-wraith808 (August 05, 2021, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cue Frank Zappa: WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW!

-rjbull (August 05, 2021, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't worry.  It can't happen here.   8)

AzureToad:
YEARS ago, when our kids were younger, my brother-in-law and his family had a holiday party with friends and family.

We made "coffee-can" ice cream. I don't remember all the ingredients, I believe we used cream, vanilla, eggs, and probably something else. I know we had 3 smaller coffee cans (maybe medium-sized?) and 3 large coffee cans. The ingredients went into the smaller can with strawberries in one can and some chocolate syrup to another. These were sealed and placed inside the larger can. This was then surrounded by crushed ice and rock salt and was also sealed.

His house was on an incline and we split the families up into 3 teams. Each team would take their cans to the top of the incline where a "launcher" would roll the can to the "catcher" at the bottom of the slope. The catcher would carry the coffee can back to the top, the launcher would race down to become the new catcher, the next team member would be the new launcher. This went on for.. I don't remember how long, but it was great fun and at the end, we opened the can's to enjoy the cold, delicious frozen treat!

40hz:
Me.

I had no choice. I can’t find Earl Grey or Brandy Pear sherbert, or Cranberry-Apple sorbet in stores.  :Thmbsup:

We’re using the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence ice cream maker. It uses a freezer bowl so it doesn’t require ice or salt. The coolant is permanently sealed within the walls of the bowl. Just put the bowl in your freezer for several hours and you’re ready to roll. The results are quite good. Especially for a $99 machine. You’d need to spend several hundred dollars to get a semi commercial compressor type ice cream maker if you wanted something better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version