ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

ThumbNails No Longer Show Screenshot, Just Generic Flower Icon

<< < (4/7) > >>

dbareis:
As I said earlier, everything points to this being a ScreenShot Captor and not a Windows issue and now I have more evidence.

I renamed an image (with missing thumbnail) "xxxx" (F5=Refresh didn't do anything) went into "View", clicked on "Simple List on Left" and then back on thumbnail, and it now shows the thumbnail (now that doesn't always do it but the fact that it ever did it shows Windows is not the issue).

Other than that is there any log files we can look at?

dbareis:
It still works. But I'm angry because I was so tired that I forgot to compare the settings before and after the reset. Very few settings have anything to do with the thumbs.
-Fribytare (October 17, 2021, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

"ScreenshotCaptor.ini" if backed up (or one of the others, not sure) will have it.  I record my settings (at least the important ones)  in Evernote.

Fribytare:
Now it doesn't work anymore but I don't know why or since when. This makes me so confused. Old png-thumbs were still there, but I got no new ones. I cleared the thumbs cache in windows and now I can't even get the old ones showing in Screenshot Captor. Of course, I can use jpg but I don't want to.

Btw, I can't find a ScreenshotCaptor.ini on my hd.

dr_andus:
This is also happening to me. I doubt it's an SC problem, as I haven't changed anything in the application. However, I have installed a few Windows updates (still on Windows 7). This also happened to coincide with a recent Dopus update, I believe. But I suspect the Windows updates.

dbareis:
I have it installed portable and the "ini" files are in its root directory.

I also haven't changed the app and it is probably a Windows Update which triggered this, but Explorer works, I have no thumbnail issues there, just because something else triggers a bug doesn't mean that the-something-else is where the bug is.

I am on WIN 10 (latest updates)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version