ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

ThumbNails No Longer Show Screenshot, Just Generic Flower Icon

(1/7) > >>

dbareis:
Except for one image which I added boxes and text all icons are generic flowers and not a thumbnail of the captured image.  Modifying another image didn't make its thumbnail appear.

I capture as ".PNG", if I put ".JPG" into the capture directory these show up OK, the image that shows the thumbnail is a ".PNG" like the others that don't.

I only noticed this yesterday but have made no option changes in the app.  If I go to the directory in explorer I can see ALL of the thumbnails correctly so it doesn't appear to be a Windows issue.

The only thing image related I have done recently is fix the mime type for JPEG images as shown here: https://nspeaks.com/jpg-images-getting-saved-as-jfif-heres-how-to-fix/

I have tried putting that back to the original JFIF value and restart the app but that doesn't fix it.  Also why is that one lonely image OK?

mouser:
Can you try restarting windows and see if it fixes it? SC relies on windows to do the heavy lifting of showing thumbnails and occasionally gets stuck making them and a reboot fixes it.

dbareis:
Can you try restarting windows and see if it fixes it? SC relies on windows to do the heavy lifting of showing thumbnails and occasionally gets stuck making them and a reboot fixes it.
-mouser (September 15, 2021, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd rebooted before but that didn't fix it.  Just did it again and was about to say it didn't but was showing more than before, but a few more turned up as I scrolled.  Quite a few still appear to be "stuck".  Explorer shows icons for all images. I think you cache them but perhaps also cache failures?  I stopped and restarted the app and this time all but 3 of 711 files show correctly (at least those in the current capture directory, not so great in subfolders though).

Should Tiles overlap making it hard to select the next one? I haven't noticed that before either (on long filenames)?

dbareis:
I think I found the problem, I used to have "Tick Auto Move Older Screenshots, set to x days" ticked but just found it unticked, I don't believe I did that.

It seems that around 700 is the upper limit you want in a directory even on a powerful 12 core computer with 32 GB RAM.  Maybe instead (or along with) a number of days option there should be a count of files option: Tick Auto Move Older Screenshots, set to x days, or y files

And maybe that should run periodically or after every capture and not just at startup.

Fribytare:
Hi, same problem here since one month back. Tried your trick with auto move but no joy.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version