ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

ProtonMail deletes "we don't log your IP" after French activist arrested

<< < (4/4)

Deozaan:
My hope for the internet as a whole is that it starts operating more similarly to IPFS + TOR and as a result all traffic would be more akin to P2P and no one would know if the data you're requesting was for yourself or just to pass on to one of your peers.

Probably a pipe dream...

wraith808:
Probably a pipe dream...
-Deozaan (September 22, 2021, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Probably?

40hz:
My hope for the internet
--- End quote ---

I’ve long since given up any hope I might have had for the Internet.

When it was smaller and frequented largely by the technically literate there was a brief period of time when there was a naive belief, in many quarters, that it would be a transformative technology that would magically remain somehow divorced from acquiring all the negatives virtually every previous technological advance dragged along in its wake. And while it’s good to have a dream, most times those dreams completely ignore the lessons of history. And the Internet is just one more case of an advance being coopted for the purposes of the lowest common denominator.

Robinson’s Rule is inescapable:

”Nothing truly good ever survives being ‘discovered’”

Edvard:
My hope for the internet
--- End quote ---

I’ve long since given up any hope I might have had for the Internet.

When it was smaller and frequented largely by the technically literate there was a brief period of time when there was a naive belief, in many quarters, that it would be a transformative technology that would magically remain somehow divorced from acquiring all the negatives virtually every previous technological advance dragged along in its wake. And while it’s good to have a dream, most times those dreams completely ignore the lessons of history. And the Internet is just one more case of an advance being coopted for the purposes of the lowest common denominator.

Robinson’s Rule is inescapable:

”Nothing truly good ever survives being ‘discovered’”-40hz (September 23, 2021, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sometimes I wish Donationcoder forums had a "Like" button (or a reasonable facsimile).  You'll have to settle for being quoted.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version