ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2022

Adobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
I will be releasing these as part of NANY 2022:

Code is now available on github: https://github.com/dcmouser/jrPremiere

Some of you know I've gone pretty far down the rabbit hole of video editing for my latest project, a Boardgame YouTube channel (see this thread).

I've actually spent a lot of time creating custom After Effects (motion graphic) scripts and templates for the channel, to speed up the process of creating nice looking edits and overlays.

This week I decided to learn how to code an Adobe Premiere extension, to automate the generation of YouTube timestamps and to make it easier to navigate around the interesting parts of nested sequences.

Here's a teaser screenshot of my extension called "TimeStamper":

Adobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

From the README:

Scans your active sequence and builds a timestamp list of "notable" clips and mogrt item times in your active sequence.
Mogrt items are listed with text field values.
The timestamp list is presented on the extension panel as a clickable list to quickly jump to locations.
The timestamp list is exported to a timestamp text file in your project directory in YouTube timestamp format, for easy copy+paste into a YouTube video description to provice clickable timestamp links for your video.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
And my second extension, again designed to automate another thing I do a LOT of in my editing, "SoundFxAdder":

It scans a sequence looking for mogrts, graphic still images, or text overlays (which some options for filtering them based on type, etc.), and then can insert an AudioClip synchronized to them.

This is something I have been doing by hand to give a little "bloop" sound whenever something interesting is editing on screen.

Will work in batch mode or show you a list and let you jump around and individually add with a click, and features some safety checking to make sure you don't overwrite some existing audio.

mouser:
Another extension coded:
Multicam Deluxe

This one is a doozy -- it automates the elaborate process I use to turn dual (multi) camera footage into a sequence with a 3rd virtual camera angle that is top down with a small front inset picture-in-picture, and some other helper stuff for that.

mouser:
Another extension coded:
CFT

Automates the process of inserting a freeze-frame retro-style intro:
Adobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et Adobe Premiere Extension coding: TimeStamper, Multicam Deluxe, SoundFx Adder, et

Plus does a few more things that I commonly do, to make editing my videos easier.  Like saving an increasing version# in the file, exporting thumbnail images, rendering for youtube with the project filename, etc.

[UPDATED 10/15/21]
Updated screenshot to show a couple more new items added to this extension:

* A censor-bleep action that adds keyframes to drop the volume around the playhead, and add a mogrt that plays a beep sound and shows a censor bar over the person's mouth.
* And a simple action that applies a sound fx processing to the audio clips that I use for sound reduction if I record with A/C running.

mouser:
A minor new extension coded:
Preflight

"This extension helps facilitate doing manual preflight checks of your sequence to look for problems.
Scans the active sequence according to your options and makes a list of timestamps of potentially interesting items, that you can easily jump to and select.
In essence, this extension reuses the code from my Timestamper extension but with it's own independent options to make it easier for you to configure it to list only timeline objects that are important to you.
The list of timeline events makes it easier to jump around and check for any problems.
For example, I find that I occasionally have mistakes in my multicamera edits where I zoom in on a clip and erroneously switch to a different camera; I can use the Preflight extension to find all clips with special effects (including zooms), and then rapidly select them each in turn to check that they are correct.
Pressing the preview POI button will jump to the next interesting timestamp in the list and play a section around this timestamp.  Or hit "Preview all" to have it play through each point of interest in order.  In this way you can very quickly preview all of the transitions, mogrts, etc. without having to rewatch the entire video.
"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version