topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Problem with Win Remote Connection  (Read 3029 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Problem with Win Remote Connection
« on: August 30, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Hello!

I want to remote connect to a Windows PC but it's language is not English and I am struggling to enable Remote Connection on it and find its connection address/name.

Is there a cmd command that can enable Remote Connection and another that can show me which is the address/name to connect to?

If not, I will have to go ask the physical user to navigate through the Control Panel but I am struggling because it's not in English.

Thanks!

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Problem with Win Remote Connection
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 06:58 PM »
Check this link with instructions on how to enable RDP through the command line. You will also need to make exceptions in the firewall rules on the remote machine. The link describes how you need to do that too.

Normally you can use the name of the computer as the address. The Windows network stack is smart enough to work with that data.

But if this on a invitation based event, Just install AnyDesk on your system and the remote desktop. The person on the remote end needs to give you their AnyDesk code and you can log into that machine after the remote user approves. Or you can set it up in such a way that you log in remotely without a need to be approved by the remote user. Also a possibility. AnyDesk is about as hassle-free of an experience as you can get for remote access.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Problem with Win Remote Connection
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 08:10 PM »
@kalos:

Of course that presupposes that the computer is capable of running Remote Desktop Host, (ie. Professional or above).

Otherwise you have to use Remote Assistance or some other remote access program/service.