ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Question, suspicion of a keylogger

(1/2) > >>

moonfrogman:
Good day, i want to make a post here because i have the suspicion theres a keylogger in my computer, lately many of my accounts  have been under attack by people trying to log in to them, trying to change the security questions/e-mails, etc, some of them repeatedly and i cannot know for certain wether its because of security vulnerabilities in the sites im using, someone bruteforcing passwords and succeeding to get into my accounts or if i just have a keylogger or something similar thats handing my passwords to a hacker. i figured since this is a software forum, there would be people able to help

so far ive been attacked in videogame service accounts, windows accounts, appleID accounts
is there a trusted software to stop this from happening? how do i even make sure of what the problem IS?
My free antivirus (Avast) doesnt detect anything out of the ordinary

Dormouse:
Just by chance, I was emailed this morning about this:
https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/digital-identity-protection.html

Deozaan:
This smells like spam to me. But on the chance it's not:

1. Make sure you're not using the same username/email/password combo on all your accounts. Use a good password manager to generate strong, unique passwords for each of your accounts.
2. Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) so that even if someone has your login details, they can't login without the time-based code (sometimes called TOTP or one-time code).
3. Check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if various sites where you have an account have been breached.

wraith808:
This smells like spam to me.
-Deozaan (September 02, 2021, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
My thoughts exactly.

MilesAhead:
This smells like spam to me.
-Deozaan (September 02, 2021, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, spam about a key logger.  Are they talking about that key you need to get the spam out of the can, or ...   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version