ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free MKV video repair files

<< < (2/2)

Target:
I need a clever software able to minimize the errors and give the best vision. -Contro (September 07, 2021, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW I don't think you're going to find a magic pill to 'fix' the 'errors' (how would said app know what was an error without something to reference against, like the original files  :huh:)

My experience parallels what shades said, ie rip the disc to your HDD regardless of the format, then convert it using the software of choice (YMMV but I use DVD Smith Movie Backup to rip to HDD, then X Media Recode to transcode).  Sure it might take some time, but if the end goal is to have a local copy in a readable format then that;s the price you have to pay

Contro:
I need a clever software able to minimize the errors and give the best vision. -Contro (September 07, 2021, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW I don't think you're going to find a magic pill to 'fix' the 'errors' (how would said app know what was an error without something to reference against, like the original files  :huh:)

My experience parallels what shades said, ie rip the disc to your HDD regardless of the format, then convert it using the software of choice (YMMV but I use DVD Smith Movie Backup to rip to HDD, then X Media Recode to transcode).  Sure it might take some time, but if the end goal is to have a local copy in a readable format then that;s the price you have to pay

-Target (September 08, 2021, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Understood.
There is not solution then.
The track is damaged and is not possible to recover the images quality.

4wd:
The track is damaged and is not possible to recover the images quality. -Contro (September 08, 2021, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Depends how the track is damaged, if it's data corruption due to the azide layer detiorating then no, you've got no hope.
If it's due to a scratch on the DVD then you can polish it out, I've recovered quite a few CDs/DVDs doing this.

FWIW, I still use RipIt4Me if I need to rip a DVD.

Contro:
The track is damaged and is not possible to recover the images quality. -Contro (September 08, 2021, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Depends how the track is damaged, if it's data corruption due to the azide layer detiorating then no, you've got no hope.
If it's due to a scratch on the DVD then you can polish it out, I've recovered quite a few CDs/DVDs doing this.

FWIW, I still use RipIt4Me if I need to rip a DVD.
-4wd (September 09, 2021, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks 4wd.
 :-* :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version