ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Convert free format DVD to mp4 or similar

(1/2) > >>

Contro:
format DVD
two folders VIDEO_TS y AUDIO_TS
include several files of IFO extension, VOB extension , BUP extension.

I wish to convert the splendid movie El Cielo Abierto by Miguel Albaladejo.
 :-* :P

Shades:
'MakeMKV', 'Handbrake' or 'VidCoder', those are the tools you'll need to convert a DVD into single video files.

Don't play around with standard presets, until you have a good grasp of what those values mean and how these can affect the result.
Patience is required, regardless of the "horse power" your computer may have. Especially when using HEVC (a.k.a. x265/h265), the conversion is very intensive for RAM and CPU.

Contro:
'MakeMKV', 'Handbrake' or 'VidCoder', those are the tools you'll need to convert a DVD into single video files.

Don't play around with standard presets, until you have a good grasp of what those values mean and how these can affect the result.
Patience is required, regardless of the "horse power" your computer may have. Especially when using HEVC (a.k.a. x265/h265), the conversion is very intensive for RAM and CPU.
-Shades (August 17, 2021, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Running to try. Best Regards.

I tried false free programs like FreeMake and Movavi Video Converter
 :-* :P

Shades:
Sites like AfterDawn have a lot of guides on how to comvert video files, rip DVDs, etc. Consult those first. Some of those are quite old, but are still valid.

MilesAhead:
Sites like AfterDawn have a lot of guides on how to comvert video files, rip DVDs, etc. Consult those first. Some of those are quite old, but are still valid.
-Shades (August 18, 2021, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

It has been years since I did video conversion but I remember VideoHelp as one of the better sites.  Of course my knowledge may be dated.  Some of the software I used is no longer developed.  :)

Another cool thing about video help, it has a list of "remote hacks."  Many region one dvd players will revert to region free if you follow the instructions posted by users of the particular dvd player.  I had 2 models of Philips DVD player and an Oppo.  They all became region free after entering the remote control sequences listed on dvd help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version