ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

software which allows to move or copy folders in several other folders

(1/1)

amaid:
I am looking for a software which allows to move or copy folders in several other folders
Or created folders in several other folders

For example I have 5 folders and I would like 50 other folders to contain the 5 folders, but to do this manually, it takes a long time, so I don't know if there is any software that automates this, I looked for, but I find nothing.

publicdomain:
copy folders in several other folders
Or created folders in several other folders-amaid (April 11, 2021, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello @amaid! I'm taking this via MultiCopy:

https://github.com/publicdomain/multicopy

(Right-click explorer menu entry + GUI with multiple folders added via browse dialog).

Cheers!

velaris:
Hi,
I do that manually although it would be ten times easier with a software to do it for me. I'm going to try what Vic suggested, hope that'll work.

publicdomain:
I am looking for a software which allows to move or copy folders in several other folders
Or created folders in several other folders-amaid (April 11, 2021, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, we can have a checkbox to "Keep files" when checked. If unchecked it would be a "move" (actually a multi-copy, then source removal).

For example I have 5 folders and I would like 50 other folders to contain the 5 folders, but to do this manually, it takes a long time-amaid (April 11, 2021, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about having a "drag & drop list" where you can drop all the directories you want from Explorer OR having a "Browse for folder" button to add destination directories one by one. Guess we can also feature both ways to add folders? Time to brainstorm! :)

Hi,
I do that manually although it would be ten times easier with a software to do it for me. I'm going to try what Vic suggested, hope that'll work.
-velaris (May 12, 2021, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi V! Welcome to the fray! Feel free to brainstorm with us :up:

We're in this together :)

publicdomain:
Software has been simplified for v0.1.0 :)

Okay, we can have a checkbox to "Keep files" when checked. If unchecked it would be a "move" (actually a multi-copy, then source removal).
-publicdomain (May 12, 2021, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is the case. Chances are it's published on the weekly project page as it activates (at long last!)

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version