ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Valve Announces Steam Deck: A Handheld PC

<< < (8/49) > >>

wraith808:
Seeing that the 512GB is $650 and the laptop I'm looking at is ~$1100 and will run the same games+ with the only difference being 256GB instead of 512GB is what's making me look at the laptop option.

Deozaan:
I haven't updated this thread in a while, so here's a bunch of news:

The Steam Deck Dock, which has since been renamed the Steam Deck Docking Station, and was supposed to be launching before the end of Q2, has been delayed. No ETA on when it will be available.

Even though today is the last day of Q2, Valve emailed the last of the Q2 confirmations/orders on Monday and the first of the Q3 orders today. They also announced that they have been able to ramp up production enough to more than double the rate at which they would be shipping out Steam Decks.

The US 64GB queue moved about 1H 15M today. Assuming that rate continues for each batch, and they continue to send out batches twice a week, then I should be able to order it on July 11th.
The US 512GB queue moved about 48M today. With the above assumptions, that means I should be able to order it on August 11th.

I'm getting pretty excited that it's (almost) finally time for me to get one.

Check My Deck says my library is 32% Playable+:

* Verified: 119 games (12.98%)
* Playable: 173 games (18.87%)
* Unsupported: 91 games (9.92%)
* Unknown: 534 games (58.23%)
I gotta say, the Deck has been a huge success for Valve. I had almost entirely stopped buying games from Steam for the past few years. It got to the point where some of the features on my account (such as selling trading cards on the market) were restricted because I hadn't purchased anything from them in so long. But this year, in preparation for the deck, I've increased my library by about 100 games so far. Granted, most of those were from the Stand with Ukraine Humble Bundle. Before this year (and not counting my $5 Deck Deposit last year) my last game purchase from Steam was in October 2020. That was one of three purchases in 2020. And before that, my previous Steam purchase was in 2017!

Okay, actually that's not entirely accurate. I realized as I was typing this up that my Steam account purchase history doesn't show gift code/key redemptions. So it doesn't count any games purchased from 3rd party sites (such as Humble Store/Bundle) which redeems the game(s) on Steam.

Either way, the point is that I am now back to preferring purchases on Steam rather than other platforms (such as GOG), so Valve won me back with the decision to release the Deck.

wraith808:
I got the Laptop, but I'm still considering the Deck LOL

mouser:
I have one on preorder based on deozaan's excitement, but i dont know why  :P

wraith808:
I have one on preorder based on deozaan's excitement, but i dont know why  :P
-mouser (July 01, 2022, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

When is your expected time to order?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page