ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Valve Announces Steam Deck: A Handheld PC

<< < (2/49) > >>

wraith808:
PSA: You can now see when you are queued to have the Steam Deck available for purchase. Mine isn't until Q2 2022 :(

Deozaan:
Mine isn't until Q2 2022
-wraith808 (October 25, 2021, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto.

But that could be as soon as April, which doesn't seem very far away to me.

wraith808:
Mine isn't until Q2 2022
-wraith808 (October 25, 2021, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto.

But that could be as soon as April, which doesn't seem very far away to me.
-Deozaan (October 26, 2021, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking December and planning for it as my Christmas gift. And given the logistics nightmare we're in the middle of right now, I think April is optimistic if they have enough to scheudle it out until then. At least it will give an adequate time to see what kind of reviews it garners.

Deozaan:
I was thinking December and planning for it as my Christmas gift. And given the logistics nightmare we're in the middle of right now, I think April is optimistic if they have enough to scheudle it out until then. At least it will give an adequate time to see what kind of reviews it garners.
-wraith808 (October 26, 2021, 05:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I made my pre-order, it told me it would be arriving approx. Q3. So I wasn't expecting mine until at least July. And right now if you look, for new pre-orders it says they won't be arriving until after Q2, which sounds a lot like Q3 to me.

Obviously, Q2 could mean anything between April and June inclusive. A lot of it depends on how they're handling it. I don't know if they're just making a single batch as large as possible per quarter or if they've got factories working to construct these things around the clock as fast as possible with daily or weekly or monthly fulfillment. If it's the former, then yeah, I suppose I would expect it to be toward the end of the quarter. But if it's the latter, who knows when it will be?

But really, I think it's just my brain playing tricks on me. Even though there's still two full months left of this year, I have the feeling that the year is pretty much over already. So January feels "like next week" to me right now. And similarly, feeling like January is so close also makes April feel pretty close. And though it may be unlikely to receive a unit that "soon" it just feels not far off for me.

Maybe I'm just getting to be really old, and it is starting to feel like I'm watching the years whiz by. 😬

Deozaan:
Well, so much for my optimism! I got an email saying Deck is delayed by 2 months, and they expect it will start shipping in February.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version