ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Valve Announces Steam Deck: A Handheld PC

<< < (5/49) > >>

Deozaan:
Nice! Doesn't seem to pull all of your library though...
-wraith808 (February 23, 2022, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm seeing slightly different results between that page and Check My Deck. I'm not sure how often Check My Deck updates their database. But almost every day the number of playable (or verified) games is growing higher and higher for me.

Check My Deck says:
8% playable
VERIFIED: 31 games (3.79%)
PLAYABLE: 34 games (4.16%)
UNSUPPORTED: 12 games (1.47%)
UNKNOWN: 741 games (90.59%)

Valve says:
Verified: 29 games
Playable: 35
Unsupported: 10
Unknown: 782

Deozaan:
With the recent release of the Deck, Valve have also released a free game (tech demo?) called Aperture Desk Job:

Aperture Desk Job reimagines the been-there-done-that genre of walking simulators and puts them in the lightning-spanked, endorphin-gorged world of sitting still behind things.

You play as an entry-level nobody on their first day at work — your heart full of hope and your legs full of dreams, eager to climb that corporate ladder. But life’s got other plans, and they all involve chairs.

Designed as a free playable short for Valve’s new Steam Deck, Desk Job walks you through the handheld’s controls and features, while not being nearly as boring as that sounds.-https://store.steampowered.com/app/1902490/Aperture_Desk_Job/
--- End quote ---

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1902490/Aperture_Desk_Job/

Deozaan:
Valve now has a better idea of their production and fulfillment, so if you go to your pre-order page, it might give you more specific details on when you can expect to receive your Deck.

Whereas mine used to say "After Q2 2022" it says "Q3 2022" now. That might not seem more specific than before, but for some people, they see "after Q3 2022" so that tells me I can expect to get mine sometime between July-September. :Thmbsup:

I'm looking forward to it!

And while I'm posting to this thread, I figure I'd mention that I keep checking my library compatibility with Deck every few days and now it says I'm up to 15% Playable+

VERIFIED: 53 games (6.46%)
PLAYABLE: 72 games (8.77%)
UNSUPPORTED: 46 games (5.6%)
UNKNOWN: 650 games (79.17%)

Interestingly, I see a couple of games have been downgraded from Verified to just Playable now. I'm not sure if that's because the games had an update that made things worse or if Valve is getting more strict in how they rate the games. But considering there's still ~3-6 months before I get my Deck, I'm not too concerned about any of the specifics just yet.

And finally, I'm not sure how long they've had this photo on the site, but I see they have an image of the upcoming Dock:

Anyone know what all those ports are? Going from right to left, it looks to me like 2 USB-A, a sideways ethernet port, USB-C (for power delivery), and for the two on the left, I'm not sure. One is probably HDMI, but I'm not sure which, and I have no idea what the other one is.

wraith808:
Whereas mine used to say "After Q2 2022" it says "Q3 2022" now. That might not seem more specific than before, but for some people, they see "after Q3 2022" so that tells me I can expect to get mine sometime between July-September.
-Deozaan (March 14, 2022, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

There was a converter from what we had before to what we have now, and the timeframes, and your assumptions on July-September line up with that.

Deozaan:
Now the Steam Deck page is more explicit:

Your expected order availability:
Q3 (July-September) 2022

And for new orders placed today (on the 64GB model):

Expected order availability:
After Q3 (October 2022 or later)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version