ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I bought an Oculus Quest and I'm blown away by the current state of VR

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
here are some downsides to it:

1. Battery for the headset does not last very long, can be annoying; 3rd party battery pack is one solution.
2. Included head strap not very good; 3rd party replacement is solution
3. Games are SHORT and EXPENSIVE.

wraith808:
That last point is the one that's keeping it in my cart on Amazon. I haven't found anything that really catches my eye. I finally purchased a PSVR because of a few games coming out in rapid succession that I couldn't resist- Iron Man VR, Some really good DLC on Beat Saber, Squadrons, and a couple of others. I've browsed the store for the Quest, and nothing really catches my eye in that way so far.

mouser:
yeah i mean if you already have psvr im not sure it makes sense to buy an oculus -- the games and experiences are going to be much smaller and lower powered
and ironically, MORE expensive than their full version brothers on pc and ps4.

wraith808:
yeah i mean if you already have psvr im not sure it makes sense to buy an oculus -- the games and experiences are going to be much smaller and lower powered
and ironically, MORE expensive than their full version brothers on pc and ps4.
-mouser (July 24, 2021, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're probably right, but the more I think about it, the all-in-one is very exciting! I'll keep an eye to see how the landscape of the games available develops.

mouser:
I've been having a blast coding with Unity/C# for the device over the past couple of weeks.  Hopefully will have a playable game eventually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version