ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I bought an Oculus Quest and I'm blown away by the current state of VR

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
So I bought an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset ($300 amazon).

I was just blown away by the experience.  Both the quality of the experience inside the VR world, and also how painless the whole process is.
It's a standalone device, no need for cables to a computer (essentially powered by a phone-grade android cpu).

I have not been keeping up with the progress in VR technology.  I'm still in shock how cool the experience is.  I think we are going to see mass adoption of this stuff in the coming years.  As someone who is not really a video gamer and is mostly a board gamer, I really do think this is all going to change with VR.  Very cool stuff.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/

(I've decided to try some tinkering with coding for it using Unity).

anandcoral:
Thanks mouser for the info.

The link shows ready made animation. Can you record a video of what you see using the vr ?

Say in around the garden/house and virtual things along with real ones, if possible. This will give us better idea of it.

Regards,

Anand

Shades:
Isn't this the version that requires you to have a Facebook account?

wraith808:
My only experience has been my Playstation VR, and I love it- however the motion cap on first person shooter type of games makes my head hurt after a while like the first Doom did back in the day. Of course, just like then, I fight my way through because it's just so fun. One game to look into is Star Wars Squadrons. I love the way they integrated the 3D with the controls. It's a pretty awesome experience.

mouser:
You do need a facebook account (yuck), but you could just create one solely for this purpose.

anandcoral - It's not really doing AR (Augmented Reality), so it's not about showing you the real world with stuff added.

There are features for broadcasting what you see to a tablet for others to watch or record.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version