ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I bought an Oculus Quest and I'm blown away by the current state of VR

<< < (6/7) > >>

allen:
I received an Oculus Quest (1) for attending Facebook F8 a couple years ago - it was a huge leap from the previous Oculus "Go". I've mostly only used it a few times for Netflix, which was fun but man does my face sweat. My daughter lives in the thing though.

Mouser, will your game work on the Q1 or only the new one? I'm guessing they're similar just maybe improved resolution?

mouser:
That's Mouser, will your game work on the Q1 or only the new one? I'm guessing they're similar just maybe improved resolution?
-allen (August 03, 2021, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a very good question!
I'll send you a link to the APK you can install it via sidequest and let me know if it works :)

Deozaan:
There's currently a Humble Bundle of 7 VR games (on Steam) for $15:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fall-vr-emporium-bundle

tsaint:
I have an Oculus Go (ie very old Oculus) which I use(d) for viewing 3D photos I took throughout SE Asia.
It's great apart from the poor resolution, so I'm thinking of upgrading to the Quest 2.
Bit of a promotion for them atm.
 Can anyone with any experience in this use case (not so interested in gaming) comment on the quality of the 3D photo viewing experience please?

Shades:
While I do not have experience with the Oculus Quest, the requirements are a pretty good indicator of what you can expect.

You will likely need to scroll quite a bit on this Oculus experiences page to find a 3D photo viewer app amongst all the games and other apps. And from what I saw, you will need a FaceBook account to be able to use the Oculus device at all.

The 'Virtual Desktop' app looks to be most capable of watching your photos in 3D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version