ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shortcuts software

(1/2) > >>

Contro:
I remember I have a lot of software from this forum to create links, hyperlinks, shortcuts. ....

Now I would like :
Software able to search for microsoft word files (doc, docx) according to rules by its name or location (folder, subfolder, name pattern, creation date, ....) . So filter those files. Then create shortcuts in a target indicated folder.

Do you know a free good one ? May be a code snack ?
Best Regards
 :-* :P

rjbull:
Not quite what you asked for, but both FileSeek (Binary Fortress) and SearchMyFiles (Nir Sofer) are file finders that can display their results as HTML files, with the results being clickable links that will open in your default DOCX program.  SearchMyFiles is free; FileSeek has both free and payware versions.  You need the payware one to export as HTML, but it's only $15 for a lifetime (all future releases) license, there's a discount if you already own a license for another Binary Fortress software, and it's sometimes been on Bits du Jour.

Shortcuts software
Shortcuts software

Contro:
Not quite what you asked for, but both FileSeek (Binary Fortress) and SearchMyFiles (Nir Sofer) are file finders that can display their results as HTML files, with the results being clickable links that will open in your default DOCX program.  SearchMyFiles is free; FileSeek has both free and payware versions.  You need the payware one to export as HTML, but it's only $15 for a lifetime (all future releases) license, there's a discount if you already own a license for another Binary Fortress software, and it's sometimes been on Bits du Jour.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
[ Invalid Attachment ]
-rjbull (June 19, 2021, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
running to try  :-* :P

Contro:
Initially I don't see the option to create the shortcut to a folder of my election. I tried with SearchMyFiles.
 :-[

Contro:
The idea is create the shortcuts of the found files in a folder.
So I have the files in the initial location, but I will able to process scanning the folder with the shorcuts.

:-* :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version