ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Multi-VPN Conections and rules

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
I think you want Split Tunnelling, but I'm not sure OpenVPN can do it at the application level, only network routes.

Some VPN providers do application level split tunnelling, (eg. WindScribe), where you can either specify apps that will, (Inclusive mode), or won't, (Exclusive mode), use the VPN connection.  But that only applies to a single VPN connection.

Seeing as you seem to want multiple VPN connections and be able to direct certain programs toward a specific VPN connection I think you'll have to resort to proxies or stay with VMs.
-4wd (June 16, 2021, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I want do this, if I am not mistaken windscribe uses openvpn (tap driver)-c-sanchez (June 16, 2021, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Depends on the protocol you set it to use, OpenVPN, IKEV2, WireGuard, etc - I use WireGuard, connections are normally faster due to less overhead.

c-sanchez:
I found a way to do this properly with BindIP, as described by its author, it is a spiritual successor to ForceBindIP :D
https://github.com/katlogic/bindip

Works as a charm :D

c-sanchez:
I can then have my local ip address + one vpn addresss
Now I want have my local ip address + two or more vpn address
Why?
Why not? :P

Indeed OpenVPN have option to connect to multiple VPNs with and different adapters at time.
I followed this guide
https://michlstechblog.info/blog/openvpn-connect-to-multiple-vpns-on-windows/
However once I connect two vpns all connections are blocked, I have no access to any of them, neither local nor VPNs.

I wonder if I have not yet configured the vpn files correctly or there is something I have not seen.
Can someone help me with this?

Shades:
You should check what IP addresses are configured on all the connectors you have created. That should give you an idea about the way OpenVPN is getting "confused".

It is likely that it cannot differentiate between different VPN adapters or gets so confused that nothing works anymore.

Failing to see why you would want to have more than 2 VPN connections. Your computer would become some kind of bridge between VPN providers. Which is desirable to none of them. And security-wise it doesn't add much on your end either. 

WinSock can (and does) become a headache, when you deviate from the standard use-cases.

However, if you do need access to multiple VPN providers, you do better to use router software like OPNSense, pfSense, MikroTik, etc. And have enough network cards in your spare PC or VM for each VPN provider you wish to access. OPNSense and pfSense are free to use, have helpful forums and paid support. MikroTik requires specific hardware, is harder to setup, but also works very well.

This is proper routing software, running on a operating system (FreeBSD) that was designed with networking in mind. On the other hand, Windows wasn't designed with networking in mind, that has been added later. The design decisions made at the time still have their impact on how well Windows handles networking.

c-sanchez:
Thanks for your reply Shades, however my goal is to avoid additional operating systems with virtual machines.
I can't figure out how to correctly configure the openvpn adapters, network configurations are not something I am exactly proficient in and I find it a bit complicated heh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version