ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Multi-VPN Conections and rules

(1/3) > >>

c-sanchez:
I want some way to have multiple OpenVPN connections at the same time and set different rules.
e.g. have an OpenVPN connection used only in Chrome and use the local IP address for all other programs on the computer

So far the only way I find are virtual machines, but this is not very good, I want to do this without spending resources on a vm.

This kind of thing is possible with Proxies and using proxifier, but I don't know if it is possible with OpenVPN.

Related link:
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/issues/894#issuecomment-861978967

Shades:
I do not expect that the VPN server you hook up with has to be setup in such a way that it allows for traffic (on your end) that is not intended for the VPN to be routed through normal means and traffic that is intended for the VPN is routed through the VPN server. That is by default not the case. After all, for those companies that run their own VPN server, it is security what they are after. And such a "hybrid" VPN connection is much less secure than a VPN server setup that re-routes all traffic from the client (you) through their VPN server.

That is, if I understand your question correctly.

4wd:
I think you want Split Tunnelling, but I'm not sure OpenVPN can do it at the application level, only network routes.

Some VPN providers do application level split tunnelling, (eg. WindScribe), where you can either specify apps that will, (Inclusive mode), or won't, (Exclusive mode), use the VPN connection.  But that only applies to a single VPN connection.

Seeing as you seem to want multiple VPN connections and be able to direct certain programs toward a specific VPN connection I think you'll have to resort to proxies or stay with VMs.

c-sanchez:
I think you want Split Tunnelling, but I'm not sure OpenVPN can do it at the application level, only network routes.

Some VPN providers do application level split tunnelling, (eg. WindScribe), where you can either specify apps that will, (Inclusive mode), or won't, (Exclusive mode), use the VPN connection.  But that only applies to a single VPN connection.

Seeing as you seem to want multiple VPN connections and be able to direct certain programs toward a specific VPN connection I think you'll have to resort to proxies or stay with VMs.
-4wd (June 16, 2021, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I want do this, if I am not mistaken windscribe uses openvpn (tap driver)
If I can at least use VPN and my local IP at the same time it would be great.
Being able to use more than two connections simultaneously would be great too, but I understand that this can be much more complicated.

c-sanchez:
Ok I found something very interesting :D
https://github.com/saucecontrol/VpnDialerPlus
Now I need to see how to set this up with OpenVPN / Tap.
I hope I can get it, if anyone knows how to make it work let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version