ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tool to find where a hotkey press goes?

<< < (2/2)

rjbull:
I could swear there was a tool that was discussed here years ago with the need to do just that (the mapping)... I don't think there was complete success at that time but I remember the discussion!-x16wda (February 04, 2022, 05:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

There was New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware), but the entire thread is dated 2009.

wraith808:
I could swear there was a tool that was discussed here years ago with the need to do just that (the mapping)... I don't think there was complete success at that time but I remember the discussion!-x16wda (February 04, 2022, 05:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

There was New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware), but the entire thread is dated 2009.
-rjbull (February 04, 2022, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

The app is also attached to the first post, so you can take your chance with that. Last update 2012.

kunkel321:
Ethervane ActiveHotkeys does seem to work (Win 10)

kunkel321:
I wonder it anyone has tried to make an app that records when a hotkey press happens (or even invokes it), then records any new Windows processes/treads/etc that follow it immediately in time?  Then it could make a "best guess" at what the hotkey was assigned to. 

Of course Windows wouldn't like this because it would look like a virus. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version