ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

shortcut keys not working

(1/2) > >>

Hans_02:
I have installed Screenshot Captor and it automatically starts with windows. I want it to stay minimized, which is does. But the shortcut keys don't work. I have to make Screenshot Captor visible on the screen and navigate to Capture, grab selected region to be able to make a screenshot. How can I make the shortcuts working so that I can make a partial screenshot, just by typing Shift+PtrScr, even when the window of Screenshot Captor is not visible?

Ath:
By default, what you want is how it normally works.
Are you running SSC using the Run as Administrator option? (Can be set at the shortcut, manually) or use a replacemant tool for UAC (as deployed in some corporate controled computers)

Hans_02:
If I run ssc with full administrator rights, the behaviour is still the same. I can only capture something bij clicking on one of the menu items like 'Grab selected Region'. The shortcut 'Shift+PrtScr' does nothing. I have not used a replacement tool for UAC.

Ath:
The first question was the other way around; Is your screenshotcaptor running with administrator rights by accident? In that way it can't intercept the hotkeys from your normal windows user-session.

mouser:
Try customizing some of the hotkeys in SC -- do they work?
The most likely culprit is another program grabbing those hotkeys.  For example Microsoft's OneDrive application is the most notorious one for grabbing PrtScr key without warning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version