ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which Windows 10 Updates should be avoided?

<< < (4/4)

BGM:
Actually, I use CentOS with FreePBX for our office phone system (runs on a VM, too!), so I have some small experience with Linux.  But part of my job is admin for M$ stuff, so I can only really dream about going to linux. 

MilesAhead:
This would also jive to the fact that Microsoft has said before that Windows 10 is the last version of Windows - they're instead moving to a naming of milestones similar to MacOS.
-wraith808 (June 12, 2021, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my understanding.  I posted "Windows 11" as a joke.  When I saw the article claiming they were actually releasing a Windows 11 I took it as MS vacillation.  I also noticed that during The Pandemic(tm) Bill Gates had something to say on the news feed almost every day.  When he ran out of stuff they switched to scandal mode.  BG is back to being Beelzebub.  It must be similar to being bipolar or something.   ;D

My main gripe with Windows is their insistence on going all in with the update mechanism.  If Windows Update does not work on your system you are pretty much hosed.  Plus the fact that they seem to change direction for the sake of wrong-footing their customers rather than any innovation.  I just could not imagine Ken Olson giving the OK to allowing spaces in filenames as one example.   8)

MilesAhead:
I'm not sure what the deal is but Softpedia seems to think there will be a W11 aanouncement on June 24:
https://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-drops-a-new-windows-11-teaser-ahead-of-official-launch-533198.shtml

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version