ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

swf to gif (or other usable format)

<< < (3/4) > >>

BGM:
Yeah, well, that program is about 20 years old, already, anyway.  I'm doubting it will even work on Windows 10.

rjbull:
Another thing you could do, is if you had any kind of swf player, you could record your screen as it played.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/screentogif.html
-BGM (June 02, 2021, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
ScreenToGif's own home page is https://www.screentogif.com/ but it's the same version as MajorGeeks have.  There's also LICEcap.  Don't know about quality; it certainly has less features.

Or you could use any other screen recorder, e.g. mouser's Easy Screencast Recorder?  It doesn't appear to offer animated GIF as a target format, but other formats are available.

rgdot:
In HTML5 times probably have to embed a video but tools like mouser's output huge videos, have to read on compression or just create a good quality gif.
Same thing with ffmpeg, simple commands don't work, the same 0 seconds output as the video convertors above.

4wd:
Same thing with ffmpeg, simple commands don't work, the same 0 seconds output as the video convertors above. -rgdot (June 02, 2021, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

In that case try converting the SWF to images first:

--- Code: Text ---ffmpeg -i input.swf output-%05d.png
That should output every frame as a consecutively numbered PNG, (if there's more than 100,000 frames you'll need to increase the 5 in output-%05d.png).

Then it should be a simple matter of using ffmpeg or any other video program to convert the images to video.

You're not able to PM me the original file, (or upload to gofile.io or somewhere and send a link)?
I use ffmpeg and/or other video programs almost every other day but I don't have any SWF files to try, (can't remember the last time I saw one).

rgdot:
Thank you 4wd, BGM, rjbull and everybody

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version