ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

swf to gif (or other usable format)

(1/4) > >>

rgdot:
Hi all :)

I have a swf file that I need to convert to be usable on a current web page. I can only find flash emulators that open the swf file in a browser and little else (they can't export to animated gif for example(?))
A downloadable software like lightspark does not even install properly or crash (latest version, tried both 32bit and 64bit)

I would think an Adobe product like After Effects would be able to open it and export it to a usable format but even if it does I have no access to Adobe products.

Any ideas?

rjbull:
Sanity check - I have not tried this.

Movavi Video Converter seems to say it can convert SWF to a few other formats, and they also have an online video converter.

rgdot:
The online version (tried to mp4, avi and others) doesn't seem to handle the swf file well, it says converting but the converted file is 0 seconds (but over 100k). The original swf file is 39k, nothing too unusual, basically animated text and logo.
Will attempt the download version, thanks.

rgdot:
Looks like the same issue with the download version and a couple of other online convertors. The output is a static file, some formats only 1k size.

4wd:
Have you tried ffmpeg?

--- Code: Text ---ffmpeg -i input.swf output.gif
Will probably result in a file larger than the original, you could also try conversion to WEBM.

--- Code: Text ---ffmpeg -i input.swf -c:v libvpx-vp9 -crf 30 -b:v 0 -an output.webm
Might need to play around with the CRF value to adjust your output quality. See here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version