ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Control taskbar individually auto-hide or not per monitor

(1/1)

superboyac:
Tools for this exist in things like Display Fusion and Actual Monitor Manager.  However, I have used both of those (for years), and they are extremely bulky, bloated programs that significantly slow down your computer.  All I am asking for is a simple tool that allows you to control whether auto-hide is enable per monitor.  Windows multiple monitor taskbar features seems to handle everything else, except that.

Something very lightweight.

Nod5:
Good request, would be neat to have. Thinking out loud, without yet knowing the answer: I wonder if these could be used to toggle auto-hide on/off per monitor. Will investigate that further when I have more time.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/shellapi/nf-shellapi-shappbarmessage
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/shellapi/ns-shellapi-appbardata

edit:
I tried this AHK script but edited to specify the APPBARDATA structure's second member hWnd to target the taskbar on one of my two monitors (class: Shell_TrayWnd , Shell_SecondaryTrayWnd). But the change still applied to both taskbars. So no success thus far.

Perhaps Display Fusion creates its own individual taskbars that minimic the look and functionality of the native Windows 10 taskbar?

superboyac:
Nice thanks....ok quick update....

I was previously using Display Fusion for years, but I stopped now because I noticed it was significantly affecting the performance of my system which is powerful.  THey would never admit to it, but that is my experience.

Prior to that, I used Actual Tools, and I moved to Display Fusion for the exact same reason, slow performance.

But now, I am back to Actual Tools.  I have disabled everything except for the multi-monitor taskbar features.  This is fine for now.

However, I would like JUST a taskbar tool, not the whole bulky suite.  These suites slow everything down because they want to add their extra features to all your windows and desktop management stuff.

Another good one was Ultramon, nice and lightweight.  But it doesn't have enough of the taskbar features, so it's out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version