ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Volume² - use the mouse wheel to change volume (Volume2)

(1/1)

brotherS:
I just saw that there is no thread about this little tool that I don't want to live without anymore! :D :-*

I love to be able to change screen (f.lux) brightness with the mouse wheel thanks to AutoHotkey, and Volume2 allows me to easily change the system volume with the mouse wheel (in user-defined areas along the screen's edge).

Volume2 has TONS of options, you can choose from many different tray icon options, there's a customizable OSD, Volume2 can reduce the volume to zero when you lock Windows, etc. etc.

Screenshot (slightly older version):
Volume² - use the mouse wheel to change volume (Volume2)

https://irzyxa.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html
https://github.com/irzyxa/Volume2

skwire:
I've used this utility for many many years.   :Thmbsup:

kunkel321:
If there are any AutoHotkey users out there, this snippet will remap the two little side buttons on some mouses.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---XButton1:: Send {Volume_Down}returnXButton2:: Send {Volume_Up}return
Actually, as I look at it though... I think the 'return' lines might be redundant(?)  IDK

EDIT:  I just changed it in my master script, and the returns are apparently not needed. 

--- Code: Autohotkey ---XButton1:: Send {Volume_Down}XButton2:: Send {Volume_Up}
Live and learn   :D

skwire:
the returns are apparently not needed.-kunkel321 (February 21, 2021, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Returns are not necessary if it's a single line of code which completes the command.

brotherS:
If there are any AutoHotkey users out there, this snippet will remap the two little side buttons on some mouses.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---XButton1:: Send {Volume_Down}returnXButton2:: Send {Volume_Up}return-kunkel321 (February 21, 2021, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nooooo, those are great for browsing and to navigate in Windows Explorer and other programs.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version