ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Restore an Acronis Image in other pc

<< < (3/3)

Contro:
Depending on the Acronis product, some of the boot disks have a separate task (separate from backup/restore) to adjust the O/S for new hardware. If your Acronis boot disk has that, try running it.

And if you have downloaded the drivers for your new hardware, maybe put them all on a USB stick, you can point Acronis to this new group of drivers to make sure it sees what is needed.
-x16wda (May 22, 2021, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
I restore the original acronis image. Then install the new drivers according to the new motherboard.
So I am supposing some drivers from the laptop may be interfering.
Specially that to shutdown the pc.

So I am trying now to decide what driver is.
In safe mode I can shutdown without problem.

So I need only to determine the wrong driver.

That would be the best possibility. The worst are drivers installed in incorrect order o with problems.

I remember many years ago, under windows xp pro, be six months asking for the problem with the restore function.

The answer was : I was using an usb modem . When I install the driver after others I have the problem.

I hope this time the problem is more simple....

Best Regards

Contro:
I will try a clean boot. Then activate step by step services and drivers....
I will comment

Contro:
Depending on the Acronis product, some of the boot disks have a separate task (separate from backup/restore) to adjust the O/S for new hardware. If your Acronis boot disk has that, try running it.

And if you have downloaded the drivers for your new hardware, maybe put them all on a USB stick, you can point Acronis to this new group of drivers to make sure it sees what is needed.
-x16wda (May 22, 2021, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
I obtained the help of a technician.
Usually the procedure is restore the image from the laptop. Then installs the new drivers in target.
I assume the problem is that some driver or controller from the laptop may be interfering.
In the shutdown of the desktop. In safe mode don't happen . Do you understand ?

Contro:
I am trying to collect some links that may be useful to my purpose :

https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/all/computadora-se-reinicia-cuando-intento-apagar-ya/428b94e8-dc0b-4c4b-889d-9aed8c16ec68
https://mundowin.com/fix-el-ordenador-se-reinicia-en-lugar-de-apagarse/

Contro:
The process is almost done. I ask for help to a local technician who helps me.
we have problems with shut down the desktop because instead reiniate, but finally we solve the problem with a controller or driver about energy.
Now is almost finished.
The windows 10 home os was well restored and reactivated with a new license.
 :-* :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version