ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PublicDomainVic

Enfolder - Move a group of files/directories into a new custom folder (v0.1.0)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jasong222:
Okay! We're going to have separate "Enfolder-inspired" programs :)

One for @Nickodemos with his suggested functionality + the simplified version you have in mind :-* :Thmbsup:

Chances are we get to have both within the next few weeks (i.e. within May)

Cheers! :)
Vic
-publicdomain (May 11, 2021, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sweet!  Please-just-though... I listed two possible 'roads'... Give me a day or so to figure out which one I prefer.  And, take a look, the 2nd option might not be possible.  Do let me know if one is not possible or 'incredibly hard' to do...

tomos:
1- Subfolder.  This is the one I will probably use the most.  I wonder if it would be more simple and aesthically pleasing if as soon as you select 'enfolder' that the 'subfolder' window opens immediately.  Type in a name, save and done.
-Jasong222 (May 11, 2021, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
a big +1 for this. Would make it much more speedy and efficient.
I would argue the 'browse' button gets trumped by the earlier suggestion to use a file manager (be it dual-pane or using two windows).

Currently the new sub-folder is named Enfolder_[DATE] (e.g. Enfolder_2021-05-11-23-32-41)
I dont know does anyone use that for the folder name (?)
I would suggest the the sub-folder be named after the first selected file (I can see there might be problems there in which case I would use the other version as suggested by Nikodemos)

publicdomain:
Thanks J & T for participating.

So, we're heading to several Enfolder menu entries, each addressing your preference(s):

- Enfolder

Subfolder functionality assumed. Naming dialog selection populated by selected items' names.

- Enfolder date

Subfolder functionality assumed. Current date used in folder naming dialog.

- Enfolder browse

Would trigger folder browser dialog so you can choose destination folder & name.

Feel free to comment! This thread's welcoming of all the creative discussion :) :Thmbsup:

publicdomain:
I could also use an option to move to folder and each file would be moved to a folder from the name of the file.-nickodemos (May 09, 2021, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let's do this Nick! What would you suggest for a name?

(Perhaps "Subfile"?)

Do you want it to be a graphical program or would a straightforward non-GUI command do it for you?

i.e. form/dialog for detailed file renaming vs straight file operation(s).

nickodemos:
Just straight to it. After all if your selecting to name folders after the files name there really does not need to have input.

How about a generic FileToFolder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version