ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Redbox only captures only works on second monitor

(1/4) > >>

Booma-Booma:
Hi all,
I have been testing out Screenshot Captor for about 2 hours now and at first I couldn't get the option to grab a screenshot of windows objects to work. I am running dual monitors a flat panel lcd as my primary and a crt as secondary. I normally keep the secondary one off unless I require it. In the course of testing I couldn't for the life of me get the Redboxes to outline any of my windows objects that I wanted to take a screenshot of.

I am using an nvidia geforce 6600 gt that has dual monitor outputs.

Any ideas why the redbox outlines would be limited to only one of my monitors - not even the primary monitor?

mouser:
i too am a dual monitor addict, and screenshot captor has been extensively tested on dual monitor systems.. i'm trying to think why this would be happening.  i'd be very interested if you could figure out any other clues.  maybe exit screenshot captore completely and try starting it again with both monitors on, etc.  see if you can find out any hints that couldshed some light on the issue.

Booma-Booma:
I spent a couple of hours trying to figure things out. If I have a copy of notepad open in both monitors and I choose to grab a screenshot of windows objects. No redboxes appear in the primary display. They appear in the secondary display and will function as I expect and grab screen shots of the various objects that are encircled by the redboxes.

I noticed that if I hover over the desktop of the secondary monitory, the desktop is encircled by the redbox (very cool idea) but one edge is missing. The edge that is missing is the one that spans across to my primary monitor. There is no continuation of the redbox onto my primary monitor. I suspect that it would take a screen shot of the entire, spanned desktop even though there was no redbox on the primary display. I took the screen capture and that confirmed my suspicion - it did take a shot of the entire spanned desktop.

I am running windows xp sp2, on the nvidia geforce 6600 gt that has dual monitor outputs. The thing that I did notice is that I can not get my lcd monitor to show up (in either windows settings or the nvidia control panel) as display number 1. It always shows up as display 2.

On my desktop I have this setup:

CRT - LCD

With the lcd as the primary.

Do you have anything that you would like me to try?

I am very convinced that this will be the screen capture software that I will be using from now on - if I can get this working. I am even willing to become a member of donationcoder. If this works well I will probably suggest that this program be used as a standard at my company.

Eóin:
Just a random thought but how is your screeen layout setup, i.e. is the secondary screen in the default position right of the primary screen. If not maybe this is an issue?

Booma-Booma:
Just a random thought but how is your screeen layout setup, i.e. is the secondary screen in the default position right of the primary screen. If not maybe this is an issue?
-Eóin (September 07, 2006, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

The secondary is on the left of the primary as I don't have room on the right side. This could be an issue, but most other things seem to work correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version