ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need help recreating some music -- full band needed?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Gothi[c]:
I for one would like to know what went into the making of this version, ayryq :)

ayryq:
It was a little iterative. I composed something, sent a midi over to Mouser, got feedback, went back and forth a bit. I started with the form of the music he used in the original post, just rewriting the melody. The chords and most of the melody fragments are borrowed and adapted from the TV theme. Actually it was adapted a bit more, but we wound up with something that came back closer to the original :) Once he was liking it, I started doing recordings. I personally play trumpet, bass guitar, and drums, so those are the instruments I used. Recordings were done using a Zoom H1 into Audacity, in my house when the dog was asleep. There's some recordings I have when the dog wasn't quite as asleep as I thought.
Screenshots by Screenshot Captor

mouser:
It was really fun to be involved in the feedback loop but my feedback to ayryq must have been very frustrating for him as my comments were like "make it sadder and also happier" or "Can you make the drums sound more like shh shshshts sksksksk".. :)
But somehow it kept getting better.
The only difficult thing for me was each new version had something new i liked and something from the previous one that i missed losing.. Too bad it wasn't a 10 minute song..

Ayryq might agree that the hardest part was getting it all to fit in EXACTLY 22 seconds with a suitably paced start and end...

wraith808:
It was really fun to be involved in the feedback loop but my feedback to ayryq must have been very frustrating for him as my comments were like "make it sadder and also happier" or "Can you make the drums sound more like shh shshshts sksksksk".. :)
But somehow it kept getting better.
The only difficult thing for me was each new version had something new i liked and something from the previous one that i missed losing.. Too bad it wasn't a 10 minute song..

Ayryq might agree that the hardest part was getting it all to fit in EXACTLY 22 seconds with a suitably paced start and end...
-mouser (June 11, 2021, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

So... what version won?

mouser:
I've been using version 8 in the intros of our recent videos.  People seem to like it a lot! I love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version