ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > KodeZwerg's Realm

TextLimit by KodeZwerg

<< < (2/3) > >>

KodeZwerg:
I am no twitter-dude, will add optional checkboxes for 'begin with "..."' and 'print page number'.
Those extra data be included to set limit.

Shall both be on extra lines or within start/end of text?

Example (for page 2):
'0123456789' -> '...0123456789 [2/2]'
Or:
'...
[2/2]'
And does twitter count linebreaks as a wasted character?

orbis:
Extra lines or not?: could there we an option to choose? (People's styles vary hugely.)

Spaces and paragraph breaks: all count towards the 280 characters.

orbis:
One issue is that a writer may not know when s/he begins how many tweets will be in the thread. It's a work in progress. So they might opt for any of the following, at the beginning or end of each tweet:

- "1/20" (where they go back and adjust the numbering before publishing)
- "1/x" (where they may, in the final tweet, write something like "19/19", if there are 19 tweets)
- "1 " or "1. " or "1/ " at the beginning or end of a tweet.

Additionally, some writers like to mark their final tweet with "ENDS" or "end/" or even "fin" (for finish).

I suspect it would be impossible to cater for all options, but it might be good to know the diversity around.

Thanks again.

orbis:
Just thought of a further issue, which complicates things. Twitter shortens a hyperlink, and the shorter url constitutes the character count. So, where a link might be 16 characters, say, the shortened version (which you do not see until you publish) might only count 8 towards the 280 limit. I think this may be an insurmountable issue!

KodeZwerg:
After reading and understanding your last posts, i have made a decission to create a new app for that purpose. For my "TextLimit" is is out of bound. (possibility to split-to-fit will be added here aswell)

Your needs, more "configurable" / "flexible" things: that has nothing to do with that project, just some basics match.

New project "kzTwitster" (name may change, was my first thought), will be born soon to fit your requests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version