ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Program to play inaudible sound continuously

<< < (2/4) > >>

KodeZwerg:
It works wonderfully. May I request a change to pass in -1 duration for it to play forever? Or possibly have it play forever until I press some input (such as Q) to stop it? If you don't want to bother with adding input checking, then I'm fine with being able to have it play forever and I can press ctrl-c to interrupt it.-Deozaan (April 10, 2021, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure my friend, here you go   :D

I picked your last option because i am lazy (CTRL-C)

Whats changed: EVERYTHING....not, just input parts are modified to new wish, i was not aware of loop.
Program needs now some seconds to generate 1 hour of audio data.

How-To: "kzToneGenerator.exe 100 0,5" <<-- play 100Hz at 50% volume ... endless/until CRTL-C/until CLI closed/until reboot. Whatever happens first.

VirusTotal: untested
Details: unchanged

What i can not fix and being aware of: every hour, if sound is "hearable" it will interrupt for some milliseconds (WinApi does not know "endless")

Me hopes to fulfilled your wish.

Deozaan:
Me hopes to fulfilled your wish.
-KodeZwerg (April 10, 2021, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you kindly. I'll start using it and give you more feedback if needed. If you don't hear back from me on this, then that means it's working well. :Thmbsup:

KodeZwerg:
one more change was made since now i've read for what you need it.

no input/options at all.
no lag at startup.

it open a cli and do its job i hope.

test if it does what your post #1 wanted, 100% inaudible.
I'll start using it and give you more feedback if needed.-Deozaan (April 10, 2021, 03:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
a "thanks it work" would be nice to read.

details: secret.

Deozaan:
v0.3 doesn't seem to work for me. It says it's playing my favorite kind of music ( :P ) but the speaker never makes the initial crackle sound that would indicate audio is playing, and the volume mixer doesn't show any indication that any audio is being played. And when other audio does play, it begins with the crackling that this app is meant to help avoid.

v0.2 does work for me configured at 10 Hz at 0.1 volume, but has some issues which I'm not sure you can fix. When I put my computer to sleep and wake it up again in the morning, it doesn't seem to be playing audio anymore. I think this may have something to do with the fact that my PC has to reconnect to the BT speaker, which changes the output audio temporarily. My guess is that your app doesn't handle changes to the audio device and doesn't recover from that. But once I stop it and start it up again, it works like a charm until the next time I put my PC to sleep.

KodeZwerg:
v0.3 doesn't seem to work for me. It says it's playing my favorite kind of music ( :P ) but the speaker never makes the initial crackle sound that would indicate audio is playing, and the volume mixer doesn't show any indication that any audio is being played. And when other audio does play, it begins with the crackling that this app is meant to help avoid.

v0.2 does work for me configured at 10 Hz at 0.1 volume, but has some issues which I'm not sure you can fix. When I put my computer to sleep and wake it up again in the morning, it doesn't seem to be playing audio anymore. I think this may have something to do with the fact that my PC has to reconnect to the BT speaker, which changes the output audio temporarily. My guess is that your app doesn't handle changes to the audio device and doesn't recover from that. But once I stop it and start it up again, it works like a charm until the next time I put my PC to sleep.
-Deozaan (April 11, 2021, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
v0.3 was extra made to have no crackle, that was my secret ingredient lol
i guess playing with negative values was not my best idea, sorry for that.

Strange that is with sleep > wake up > somehow broken.

I have now implemented an audio device check every minute.
I can not test it well since I do not have your Hardware.
I added a new commandline parameter.
Please try this:
run >> "kzToneGen.exe verbose"
at least have Pc 3-4 minutes awake with BT to have some "found audio device" text written.
put Pc to sleep / turn BT off. (whatever your normal order is)
wait again at least 3-4 minutes.
wake Pc up / login / check what my app wrote (and still is writing) and check if BT works fine.

if that does not work i run out of ideas for the CLI version for the moment.

waveOutOpen << this is the api i am using to connect audio device and recheck every minute.

if it work, just use it without "verbose" to not spam memory with endless text.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version