ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Idea: 'Enfolder'- Select a group of files, right click, select 'Enfolder', Windo

<< < (3/6) > >>

Jasong222:

Hi Jason! Nice to see you back :)

Absolutely! There are several releases to close April; yours included :up:
-publicdomain (April 25, 2021, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent!  Yeah, I was worried and am glad it got sorted; I'm psyched to find this place, I actually don't know any other places where you can 'hire' coders.  And I have a couple things I'd love to have done.  Looking forward to it!

Jasong222:
Just as a note, Lopesoft FileMenu Tools includes a "pack to folder" option that does what you want (among many other useful things). There's a limit of packing 20 objects for the free version, a license (€10+vat) removes that restriction. I purchased a license years ago and it has worked well.
-x16wda (April 25, 2021, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey,

Thanks, that does actually look interesting, and does seem to meet many of my requirements.  I do kinda prefer a more simple interface though, since I'm not that interested in the other tools in that kit.   But thanks for passing that on.  So many too resources, lol.. How can anyone ever find them all??

Curt:
or you could use one of the free apps that we have here on DonationCoder... like FilesNanny or Files 2 Folder

https://www.dcmembers.com/ak/download/filenanny/
https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/download/files-2-folder/

x16wda:
So many too resources, lol.. How can anyone ever find them all??
-Curt (April 26, 2021, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
We all get here on different paths and see different things along the way - and as Curt reminds us, what we're looking for might already be here!  :D

rjbull:
I don't want to have to run a whole program just to grab a few files off my desktop and put them into a folder once in a while.-Jasong222 (April 07, 2021, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Which is exactly what you will be doing.  I don't understand why you're resistant to using a good general-purpose file manager, especially as there are plenty of good free ones.

Meanwhile, it took days for the name "Piky Basket" to bubble up.  Copywhiz, which is the new name for it, is the closest ready-made thing I can think of to what you want.  Viz.:
Automatically organize files based on their properties

Copywhiz for Windows lets you automatically copy files to an organized folder structure.

It can create the folder structure based on the file attributes such as file name, date, size, extension, type and also mp3 metadata (Album, Artist, Genre etc).

--- End quote ---
See their short video on that page.  It's payware, and not dirt cheap either, though it's been on discount at Bits du Jour a few times.  Also, I wonder if there's too much assembly required for ad hoc jobs.

Thank you for telling me you're not interested in participating in this.
-Jasong222 (April 07, 2021, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sarcasm and rudeness have no place on DonationCoder.  This isn't social media or Usenet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version