ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Jutoh 3, recently followed by the release of Scrivener 3 Windows from beta

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dormouse:
Yes. I added it because markdown might be important for some potential users. And I thought it was worth checking whether it would interfere with DocxManager.

Dormouse:
I'll put up what I have done so far later, and then add to it as I go down the list.

I've just had my invitation to Timeline 3. Impressed on a very brief inspection, and the spreadsheet pane is very helpful. I expect to add it as a core tool to my own workflow. But it is highly complex and unlikely to be worth using for anything simpler.

Also starting to use Mindomo, which is quite complex too, but with good import/export (including xlsx, csv, md, txt). So it seems as if Mindomo, Obsidian and Timeline could be a good combo.
But I'm only just learning how best to use Obsidian in development, and adding another two unfamiliar tools is no way to tackle a current problem so I'll let myself learn slowly and use something simpler for now.

wraith808:
I've just had my invitation to Timeline 3. Impressed on a very brief inspection, and the spreadsheet pane is very helpful. I expect to add it as a core tool to my own workflow. But it is highly complex and unlikely to be worth using for anything simpler.
-Dormouse (April 15, 2021, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. I had an invitation earlier, but as my use of Timeline has been limited because of having to use the timeline to set it up and that being a little painful, I'd not taken a look. If they have a new interface to allow you to enter in a different fashion and then just view them along the timeline, it might prove more useful.

Dormouse:
my use of Timeline has been limited because of having to use the timeline to set it up and that being a little painfu
-wraith808 (April 15, 2021, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd agree with that. v3 looks easier (given I've not tested it at all). I still suspect that you'd only use it for something very detailed unless you like to spend most of your time creating detailed plans. But I've not seen its equal for detailed and complex timelines. For the 0.1% of fiction writers who need them and historians and historical writers.

Dormouse:
I'll put up what I have done so far later, and then add to it as I go down the list.
-Dormouse (April 15, 2021, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've put up a marker in the mini-review section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version