ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Jutoh 3, recently followed by the release of Scrivener 3 Windows from beta

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dormouse:
Ha! Yes. Thanks.  It certainly wasn't something that sprang to my mind, and I don't remember ever hearing about it before. Though I might have forgotten.
And it's certainly from a different dimension.

wraith808:
Ha! Yes. Thanks.  It certainly wasn't something that sprang to my mind, and I don't remember ever hearing about it before. Though I might have forgotten.
And it's certainly from a different dimension.
-Dormouse (April 06, 2021, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Writing Outliner had been out for a while (and was very useful as with Scrivener and other mediums, I'd have to export and get it in Word format for submission, but being able to just do it in Word was great). He dropped it for a while for a rewrite, had problems but released the new version, then immediately got started on this, which then replaced Writing Outliner. For some reason, this one never took off for me.

Dormouse:
That makes complete sense.
I've always done my best to avoid writing in Word, but sometimes it was just easier to do that than the whole export-import-format thing. And the primitive outlining etc was a thorn in the side then. Though the add-ins I looked at seemed more effort than they were worth.

FWIW I've been playing around with Jutoh's Storyboard. Succession of thoughts going 'Wow' and 'Wow' and 'Wow!'. Very complex and finicky to configure unless you just go with default settings,  but can be saved as a template once done. And now, having developed some understanding of what it can do, I have to think about what use can be made of it.
Supposed to be simpler than the Writer's Cafe Storylines, but also more flexible.

Dormouse:
DocXManager
-wraith808 (April 05, 2021, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've added it to the list. With Writage.
Not a cheap combo at $49 (standard) + $29 + Word, but might suit those familiar with or stuck with Word.

wraith808:
Oh Writage is the one that lets you write in Markdown in Word, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version