ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cannot claim free space in C:\

<< < (5/5)

x16wda:
You know, looking at the RollbackRX product page, I can see how you would "lose" disk space. It is creating snapshots of your system for recovery. So if you downloaded a bunch of movies or had them on your C: drive, then when it does a snapshot it would have to safeguard that data which would mean protect it from being overwritten or removed. That stuff has to be stored somewhere, doesn't look like any options to put it anywhere else. So probably your disk use would depend on how many snapshots you keep, how often you clean big files off your disk, and how often you reset the baseline.

The free version looks interesting and I can see a use case for example on my son's pc where there just isn't that much that changes. I guess this software worked fine for you other than the disk space issue?

hulkbuster:
The free version looks interesting and I can see a use case for example on my son's pc where there just isn't that much that changes. I guess this software worked fine for you other than the disk space issue?
-x16wda (April 17, 2021, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Man i have been using Rollback Professional ver from 2018 (almost 3 1/2 years). Up till the second year it was all good.
But i noticed this error from 2020. Its some bug issue i suppose.
I thought it would make my system bullet proof, but i was wrong. Never use the free ver too. :(

MilesAhead:
The free version looks interesting and I can see a use case for example on my son's pc where there just isn't that much that changes
-x16wda (April 17, 2021, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used the free version myself for some time before getting the Pro.  Since it only lets you do one save it is much less likely to get confused when it restores.  There are no multiple save sets to get scrambled.  If I had desktops and wanted the convenience of multiple quick restores I think I would go with Macrium Reflect Home edition.  It has the quick Differential Restore feature that is in many ways is similar to snapshots but I think may be more reliable.  The Home edition costs $70 which is the same as RollbackRX Pro.

What I ended up doing with RollbackRX Pro was only making one snapshot at a time.  If I made a bunch of changes in my PC storage I would delete the old snapshot first.Then make a new one when my storage was stable.  But that was because I already bought the Pro version.  Making the best of it so to speak.  Pardon me for jumping in but since I did have several years expeience using Rollback I thought you may want to know my conclusions.   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version