ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Key Combinations That Suddenly No Longer Work

<< < (2/2)

KodeZwerg:
A Master list of Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows 10 reveals nothing about CTRL+SHIFT+R other than it is used to refresh a page in Edge (it is also used for that in other browsers).

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/master-list-keyboard-shortcuts-windows-10/
-wraith808 (April 01, 2021, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your example is not a global hotkey. It is internal shortcut that can not survive if proper application is closed. Global hotkeys are a bit different on that point ;-)

BGM:
I've learned that global key combinations are hijacked by the last-most program that assigns them.  If you restart the program with the key combo that you want, it will become last-most and will work.

cyberdiva:
Wow!  Thanks VERY much to everyone for all these helpful suggestions. I decided to start with uninstalling HyperSnap and then re-installing it in the hope that perhaps that would bring back its control over CTRL-Shift-R. Right before I uninstalled it, I decided to try one more time to see whether by some miracle CTRL-Shift-R might function as a HyperSnap action.  Well, to my amazement, miracles apparently do happen. It worked!!  I was again able to capture whatever part of the screen I wished. I have no idea what caused it to be restored, but I'm thrilled. Needless to say, I'm saving all your responses, just in case it happens again and my supply of miracles has been used up.  Again, MANY THANKS!  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
A Master list of Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows 10 reveals nothing about CTRL+SHIFT+R other than it is used to refresh a page in Edge (it is also used for that in other browsers).

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/master-list-keyboard-shortcuts-windows-10/
-wraith808 (April 01, 2021, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your example is not a global hotkey. It is internal shortcut that can not survive if proper application is closed. Global hotkeys are a bit different on that point ;-)
-KodeZwerg (April 01, 2021, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I know that. But I was looking for Windows specific keys that might be mapped over them (it happens).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version