ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA Drop Zone javascript link extractor and launcher

(1/4) > >>

magician62:
Preferably in AHK so I can learn a little

I use Ancestry...

In the past it would provide a search result list with links. You could right click the ones of interest into a new tab, or window. They have recently moved to javascript. which only allows you to open one choice in the current window. a right pain as it slows down everything you do !

First  a drop zone is needed where I can drag the javascript link.

On mouseover the status bars shows. 

--- ---javascript:SetCfpId(102049804500)
The variable we need is the bit between the brackets. In this example.

The util will need a place for the user to store the "URL string" the javascript variable gets appended to.

example of "URL string"

--- ---https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/tree/12345678/family/familyview?cfpid=
On dropping the link, the real URL is assembled
eg

--- ---https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/tree/12345678/family/familyview?cfpid=102049804500
The resulting URL should ideally be launched in a new tab on the source browser window, or a new window.

Using Chrome.

TIA
John

4wd:
I would think a UserScript would be a better option, have the links replaced directly in the page.

BTW, just tried a search on Ancestry and it comes back with full links here, (wife uses Ancestry all the time via the local library portal).

magician62:
The links I refer to are those provided when in "tree view" and you do a "tree search".

publicdomain:
The resulting URL should ideally be launched in a new tab on the source browser window, or a new window.

Using Chrome.

TIA
John
-magician62 (March 23, 2021, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi John, sure thing! Give me a day or two to complete this "Drop Launcher" project  :Thmbsup:

Cheers!
Vic

magician62:
Many thanks for the reply Vic.

I am noticing more and more each day, websites making things "harder"/"slower". I wonder how much is to make it mobile compatible. Not that anyone would have several screens open at the same time on multiple monitors. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version