ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whoever understands NFTs let's make one for DonationCoder

<< < (5/5)

Deozaan:
A new NFT platform called OneOf is about to launch on the Tezos blockchain. I don't know much about it, but if you want to dip your toes into the NFT waters, they're currently having a pre-registration (requires phone number verification) and will give out a free NFT to all "day zero" accounts when they launch in ~2 days. I've heard the process is (or will be?) very user-friendly and simple, with all the blockchain stuff abstracted (hidden) away from the end-users.

Deozaan:
Do you have a piece of art or whatever you want to use for it?

If so, what title do you want to give it? And a description. And tags. And how many copies do you want?
-Deozaan (March 16, 2021, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about one of the cody pictures.
-mouser (March 16, 2021, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Without having received any more direction from mouser or nudone on what image or other parameters to use other than what I've quoted above, I took the liberty of minting an NFT on Tezos using nudone's Crystal Ball image from 2007 (slightly modified to remove the now-defunct wtfcody.com branding in the corner). It's a limited edition with only 30 copies. It cost me about $0.50 to create this NFT.

Since I've never done this before, I'm still trying to figure out the intricacies and details. I think I can send some of them to people free of charge. I can also list some of them for sale so random people can buy them up.

It would be nice to hand out at least a few for free to longtime DC members who were interested. But that would require them to set up a Tezos wallet. And since I limited it to only 30 copies, we'd need to prioritize who gets one, if the demand is high enough.

My reasoning for limiting it to 30 was looking at the Yearbook sorted by number of posts and seeing where nudone showed up (#22), thinking we could give out free ones to all the top forum posters down to nudone, and then rounding to the greater 10 to have some extra to list for sale.

I realize that my decision on determining the limit of 30 and who got the free ones was arbitrary and perhaps unfair, so we don't necessarily have to designate the free ones to the top 22 forum members who have made the most posts. It may even be that many of the top 22 are not interested. So I'm definitely open to other suggestions. Also if demand is high enough, or if mouser/nudone have other wishes on how to set things up, I could "burn" this NFT and start the process over again using different values.

I'd love to get some feedback on this.

Deozaan:
It seems no one is interested after all.

At this point my plan is to "burn" the NFT I created. I don't feel comfortable using nudone's art and DonationCoder's name for something that isn't officially sanctioned (or at least explicitly approved). Especially because money is potentially involved.

Maybe if there is renewed interest in the future, it might be fun to officially revisit the idea for an upcoming fundraising event, or perhaps for NANY. I never claimed my mugs for the past couple of NANYs I participated in. It might be nice to just have an NFT "certificate" (the mug image) instead. It would be cheaper to produce than a mug, too. :)

mouser:
I apologize for not replying sooner -- I've just been distracted by lots of stuff -- I will reply!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version