ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Auslogics Disk Defrag Portable is suddenly malicious?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shades:
To put your mind even more at ease, download and run the following software:
Cure It!  from Dr Webb is free to download and run (for private use). On a reasonable system a full checkup lasts about 15 minutes (1 TByte spinning rust disk, about 50% full). Unless it finds malware issues on the system, then it will take longer, depending on how many malware is actually on the system and if you want the problematic files deleted, moved or cured.

Not a small download (200+ MByte) and nowadays you need to give your mail address, so have a disposable one ready. However, it really is very helpful when you are in need of finding/fixing malware. Usually the downloaded software works for a few days and then it tells you it is out of date.

Instead of downloading new signature files, you will need to download the whole thing again. It also generates a random filename after each download. There is more than enough malware/adware that is aware of file names from software that is able to remove malicious software and/or file names from software that allows you to see what is running in the background (like Process Explorer). The random file name will prevent malware /adware to block this software.

So, if you have software like Process Explorer on your system and you cannot start it, your system has been infected with malware/adware and you are definitely in need of software like ADWCleaner (free/private use), JRT, RKill and Cure It!.

** edit: additions

KodeZwerg:

1. - Speaking of the main executable, now when I run the extracted .exe file it opens so much faster!
2. - But those Delphi packages are still causing trouble:
-Deozaan (March 12, 2021, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. you are welcome and sure it does. no need to write stuff to temp folder, execute and wait in background to delete when done using.(if it works that way)
2. Upload of "Portable-Edition" possible? I could anal with debugger the target and its extra libraries.
2a. If I would need to guess again, the bpl files are not the ones that delphi compiler produced once, they are compressed somehow.
2b. Or they are compiled with a specific Delphi Version (Delphi 7) that has been blacklisted on all major antivirus sites.

KodeZwerg:
I have another idea now why AV cry by reading what those bpl are made for.

file: vclie160.bpl
Description: WebBrowser Components
--- End quote ---
was shipped with Delphi version 9 (Official Name should be Delphi 2009 if I am right)

file: AxComponentsRTL.bpl
is part of Components Package and developed by TweakBit, digitally signed by Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd
--- End quote ---

my guesses:
vclie160.bpl - can call the internet because it is made for that purpose. there might be blacklisted parts of code due low security methods what in conclusion can be a high risk on your side.
(example bank-accounting, you would never do with outdated software or software that can act risky)

AxComponentsRTL.bpl - might use code to direct access media. there is good code and outdated (risky) code, since AV happen to react I do guess it is outdated.

another wild guess by reading digital signed = it is digitally outdated. you can check by right-click one of those files, open properties, watch digital signature data

Warning: Never run Defrag on SSD media! Such software is only made for mechanical harddrives and do harm SSD!

Deozaan:
2. - But those Delphi packages are still causing trouble:
-Deozaan (March 12, 2021, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

2. Upload of "Portable-Edition" possible? I could anal with debugger the target and its extra libraries.
2a. If I would need to guess again, the bpl files are not the ones that delphi compiler produced once, they are compressed somehow.
2b. Or they are compiled with a specific Delphi Version (Delphi 7) that has been blacklisted on all major antivirus sites.
-KodeZwerg (March 12, 2021, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess I now have another backup. :D

KodeZwerg:
Hmmm very strange. My system (Windows 10 Pro, latest updates) with internal Windows Defender = nothing.

Aslong my AV dont yell at me, what to do?

Maybe this updated version works better for you? (I do hope that english text is included, downloadeded from german server)

At the end it is the same just uptodate, new gui and stuff....

Auslogics Disk Defrag Portable Version 10.0.0.4 is appended.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version