ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any taskbar hiding applications?

<< < (2/6) > >>

SyRaza:
You could try Skrommel's PushToShow: https://www.dcmembers.com/skrommel/download/pushtoshow/

It should hide your Taskbar unless you press the Windows key.

There is also CloseFence: https://www.dcmembers.com/skrommel/download/closefence/

That one keeps an autohiding Taskbar from accidentally appearing if you hover a bit too close to it.
-app103 (March 09, 2021, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I was able to accomplish what I needed with app103's suggestion. At first I tried PushToShow but it didn't work with the taskbar autohidden. Had to unhide it for PushToShow to work. While the program did hide the taskbar, the reserved space for the taskbar remained intact which defeated what I was doing (using rainmeter to make a thinner taskbar).

Then I tried CloseFence and it's the perfect solution. It stops the mouse from going to the edge and activating the taskbar. It works flawlessly.

Thank you all!

SyRaza:
Excuse my previous post. I want to add something I didn't notice. CloseFence stops working when the window is maximized. If no windows are maximized, CloseFence does what it's supposed to.

publicdomain:
Excuse my previous post. I want to add something I didn't notice. CloseFence stops working when the window is maximized. If no windows are maximized, CloseFence does what it's supposed to.
-SyRaza (March 10, 2021, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you want to COMPLETELY HIDE Windows' taskbar for your whole login session?

(There's an oldie code for hiding it from some years ago... may still be relevant for your use-case. Please confirm what you need :))

Cheers!

SyRaza:
Do you want to COMPLETELY HIDE Windows' taskbar for your whole login session?

(There's an oldie code for hiding it from some years ago... may still be relevant for your use-case. Please confirm what you need :))

Cheers!
-publicdomain (March 10, 2021, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I want, but will that disable the start menu as well (that I'd access using the windows key)?

publicdomain:
That's exactly what I want, but will that disable the start menu as well (that I'd access using the windows key)?
-SyRaza (March 10, 2021, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can be done, yes.

Code works on W7, what's your windows version?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version