ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Automatic Screenshotter

Automatic ScreenShotter Thoughts

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
New beta with %winTitle field you can use:
Beta download of v1.20.01:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/AutomaticScreenshotter/downloads/beta/AutomaticScreenshotterSetup.exe
* https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/AutomaticScreenshotter/downloads/beta/AutomaticScreenshotterPortable.zip
Been a while since I updated my software so I'm a little rusty and thought I'd try a quick one-feature beta release.  Let me know if the new %winTitle does what you want/expect.

mouser:
Let's get back to this overarching point for a second:
My use case was keeping a somewhat searchable visual log of what I had done/was doing.
--- End quote ---

I have occasionally thought of making a kind of hybrid app that was a combination of Automatic Screenshotter plus some more information, with a more flexible system for browsing history of activity, so it could be used more as a way of tracking one's own activity history.. I'd be interested in hearing more ideas along these lines..

I guess the idea is that it would try to log the activity you perform on your computer, with screenshots, to show you what activities you were doing, what apps you launched, documents opened, etc.

KodeZwerg:
The only issue I ran into was when deleting the images from the internal screenshot browser. I needed to back out of the folder containing the images I had deleted and then navigate back in for the image thumbnails to disappear.sounds like a bug, ill check it.-mouser (March 11, 2021, 01:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
-sphere (March 09, 2021, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
If deleted with Explorer, that is normal behavior. Then you should monitor the folder to fix.
If deleted within your app = bug. Bad mouser  :P

sphere:
New beta with %winTitle field you can use:
Been a while since I updated my software so I'm a little rusty and thought I'd try a quick one-feature beta release.  Let me know if the new %winTitle does what you want/expect.
-mouser (March 17, 2021, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is great. I will try to give it a test in the coming days.

...I have occasionally thought of making a kind of hybrid app that was a combination of Automatic Screenshotter plus some more information, with a more flexible system for browsing history of activity, so it could be used more as a way of tracking one's own activity history.. I'd be interested in hearing more ideas along these lines..
I guess the idea is that it would try to log the activity you perform on your computer, with screenshots, to show you what activities you were doing, what apps you launched, documents opened, etc.
-mouser (March 17, 2021, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very interesting.  I have long standing interested in a single application that gives me a great deal of control in building a history like that.  Automatically logging file activity, in conjunction with screen screenshots would would provide a lot of contextual information to help navigate the files.

I am not sure what is possible to log/capture from the system automatically- but having the ability to layer different types of activity to create a fairly accurate account of what was done would be attracted to person’s interested in auditing their time, recreating or remember something they had done, and even those who are involved in the life logging/quantified self community.

In my opinion,  capturing whatever can be captured automatically, would mean the user would not be required to input information.  However, I think it would be important for the user to be able to annotate or otherwise add context to what is being logged and captured with as little friction as possible.

Viewing the log of activity and being able to navigate it quickly would be great, but also being able to filter, search, and even analyze it would be great.  Maybe even generate a report or save a query based on the project tags (mentioned above).  I like a timeline viewer,  where I can search or specify the date,  but they are certainly more difficult to create.  I could imagine others being interested in statistics surrounding their activity, like how long they are on certain sites etc. 

Some additional ideas:

-Prompted input:  A popup or sound indicating an event was just logged, with the option to add or annotate events with predefined tags or notes.  So for instance, if a file was saved  or modified, being able to quickly enter in some details about that. 
-Events can trigger other actions.
-Utilizing metadata as much as possible
-Merge or somehow sync histories from different computers systems.  (i.e work and personal or old pc and new pc and maybe the possibility of adding some sort of input from a smartphone.  Adding a smartphone is another hurdle, but if there was a simple app that allowed you to make a note of say, a phone call or a meeting, that could then be exported and then imported into the log/history.
-Notes: Ability to create structured and unstructured notes to add context.
- Export a segment of the history based on filters
-If there are notes related to an activity, perhaps having those notes display when you engage in this activity again.
-Perhaps being able to import comma delineated or text files logs from elsewhere.

Those are some thoughts, but I guess what I am curious about is what information it is possible to capture from the system automatically?

sphere:
I also stumbled upon this.
C# FileSystemWatcher listens to the file system and places a watch on a directory, its subdirecttories, and files and notifies if any changes are made to the directory. This class is useful when you need to auto update the updates in a directory. For example, if you want to create an auto backup of a folder, you can implement a File system watcher service that watches a directory or entire machine and find when and what changes are made and copy the changes to the backup device.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/puranindia/filesystemwatcher-in-C-Sharp/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version