ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Earning More with Cryptocurrency

<< < (4/6) > >>

rjbull:
Here's Private Eyew magazine's take on cryptocurrenies:

Earning More with Cryptocurrency

Target:
and what appears to be a series of podcasts (note that I haven't listened to any of these yet so I can't vouch for their quality)

https://www.mofi.net/nfts-blockchain-powered-art-trading-cards-music-and-more/

Stoic Joker:
But CDC also has a nifty pre-paid Visa card you can get which has some nice bonuses, such as earning 1-8% back as crypto, or even complete reimbursement (in crypto) for some purchases such as Spotify, Netflix, or even Amazon Prime subscriptions.-Deozaan (March 04, 2021, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, two questions on this, and I ask only because I trust you (having done it before) more than I trust my ability to unravel the fine print..

1. Being "pre-paid", I'm assuming that your "credit limit" would be controlled by you current CDC holdings. So how is that "paid" at the end of the (monthly?) cycle. Do you tell it which coin to  take from, or does it automatically pick and withdraw it?

2. If using it for Amazon subscription, will it also (100% reimburse) movie rentals done with the AP account, or only the base subscription fee?

Hay, I know - usual disclaimers… - I'm just hoping to get some current insight into what actually happens from an existing user, as apposed to what is supposed to happen based on what is implied in the fine print..

Deozaan:
1. Being "pre-paid", I'm assuming that your "credit limit" would be controlled by you current CDC holdings. So how is that "paid" at the end of the (monthly?) cycle. Do you tell it which coin to  take from, or does it automatically pick and withdraw it?
-Stoic Joker (May 29, 2021, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

The card itself has a separate balance from the rest of your account. So you manually load money onto it using whatever form of currency you choose. Once it's on the card, it's all USD (or your local fiat currency, probably). I don't know what happens if there's not a large enough balance to cover the transaction, since I've never had that happen.

There might also be an option to "auto-buy" or auto-load money onto the card each month, but if there is, I haven't looked for it. I prefer to manage it manually.

2. If using it for Amazon subscription, will it also (100% reimburse) movie rentals done with the AP account, or only the base subscription fee?
-Stoic Joker (May 29, 2021, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I doubt it. I don't have enough money in my account for the Amazon reimbursement, but I'm pretty sure it's just the base subscription fee for Amazon Prime.

Stoic Joker:
I can work with that, thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version