ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Driver Backup Utility

(1/1)

sphere:

Does anyone use or have a recommendations for a utility that can track and back-up the drivers on a Windows10 PC? Last month, my laptop's built in web camera stopped working.  I had difficulty locating the drivers for the camera from the manufacturer website because of the laptop's age and because it was running an "unsupported " OS.  The pc had XP on it when purchased. I then upgraded to Windows 7, and then I upgraded it to Windows 10.  Windows 10 upgrade utility took care of migrating the drivers during the upgrade.  I am not sure if it is using a manufacturer driver or a generic windows 10 driver.

This got me thinking about backing up drivers, after years of being able to find them when I need them.

Interestingly, enough the web cam started working again, and I would like to grab the drivers while it is working and visible in device manager.
Anyone have any experience with this?

5 tools to backup drivers RaymondCC

BGM:
I like this program quite a bit:
It's called Double Driver (you know, like Double Dragon?)
https://double-driver.en.uptodown.com/windows

It's simple and straight forward.  No frills, no glitz, all native interface (probably written in Delphi or C++)

sphere:
I like this program quite a bit:
It's called Double Driver (you know, like Double Dragon?)
https://double-driver.en.uptodown.com/windows

It's simple and straight forward.  No frills, no glitz, all native interface (probably written in Delphi or C++)
-BGM (March 02, 2021, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you. I will check it out.  From a quick glance, it does not look like it has been updated since 2010.  By any chance have you run it on Windows 10 64bit?

Shades:
Thank you. I will check it out.  From a quick glance, it does not look like it has been updated since 2010.  By any chance have you run it on Windows 10 64bit?
-sphere (March 02, 2021, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I can personally confirm that it works Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version