ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

USH-II SD Card compatible with my HP?

<< < (3/3)

kunkel321:
I like the tiny flash drives!

@Shades: Good point about the need to have the hard drive and whatnot near the fan.  I hadn't really thought about that.  My wife's laptop is an Acer.  Much bulkier than the HP.  It was sure easier to upgrade though...  There's a little panel on the bottom.  Take off the panel and the two RAM slots, the HD, and a U3 slot are all right there.  Nice. 

The HP also has a tiny (and dark) keyboard which I absolutely hate.  So I got an external backlit USB keyboard.  Now I have to use a USB splitter to have room for my flash drive + my keyboard.  So I guess the size of the flash drive is moot now.   My mouse dongle occupies the second USB3 socket.  There's also a USB2 socket, but I think it's broken.  You have to wiggle it to get it to work. 

I thought about getting a mouse/key board combo that shares the same dongle, but I have multiple work locations and don't want to lug the keyboard around with me...  I'll just have a separate splitter and separate keyboard at each site.  (I take the flashdrive and mouse around with me though.)

KodeZwerg:
Good day @Kunkel321,

another thing you might consider to think about (if it is just space you need) can be those two things:

Wifi Nas, that is a multi purpose discspace station
Or Cloud...

Nas aint cheap, cloud space could be free at all.

Nas has advantage of high speed and future safe due replaceable drives.
My Nas (4x Drive slots) has integrated Internet Server feature, means I can reach it from anywhere. I also do run Virtual Systems from anywhere from that.

My suggestion would not need any Hardware adjustments to your Laptop.

@Shades & others .... Guys: u rock!

Shades:
For a clear (and pretty!) explanation about what all markings on SD cards actually mean, here is a less than 7 minutes long youtube video.

kunkel321:
Wow I didn't realize there was so much information in those little pictograms on the SD Cards.    :Thmbsup:

As far as Cloud, Linux, etc, none of those are really options...  This is my work laptop, and the school district I work for won't even let me be an administrator.  I recently requested that they increase the RAM from 4 to 8.  They won't do that either.   >:(    I guess I don't blame them though.  There are many 1000s of staff and student  laptops and Chromebooks that they have to deal with.   And I find that the school district tech departments around here (near Seattle) are sorely understaffed. 

x16wda:
Of course it sticks out of the side, daring me to break it off. 
-kunkel321 (February 27, 2021, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW, ever since my daughter shoved her laptop in the bag with the tiny mouse dongle still there, and it proceeded to shove itself into the innards and ruin that port (thankfully nothing else), I have insisted on making all dongle connections with these 6" extenders (sample pic). There's no way to forget something is plugged in. Additional benefit, my wife's arthritis in her hands is fairly advanced and these make it possible for her to plug and unplug a tiny dongle.

USH-II SD Card compatible with my HP?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version