ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

For the love of all that is holy stop the ctrl+MouseWheel text scaling - SOLVED

<< < (3/3)

superboyac:
nice! same complaint here, same mouse.

4wd:
I'm glad I saw this. Been having trouble with my vision and new laptop screen displaying text a little smaller than I can comfortably read without squinting. Your problem is my solution, in a sense. I've tried your ctrl plus mouse wheel, and so far it works to enlarge text in Brave and Edge (which seems to stay that way until deliberately changed), as well as MS Word 2003 (which reverts with file switching).
My plain Jane mouse; Amazon Basics 3-Button USB Wired Computer Mouse (Black).
Even better yet, the browsers don't add an unwanted bottom scroll bar in the process; they just make text more readable. Thank you.
-ich thys (February 19, 2021, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's also the standard hotkeys, Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, Control+0 ... Zoom in, zoom out, and zoom 100%.

ich thys:
I'm glad I saw this. Been having trouble with my vision and new laptop screen displaying text a little smaller than I can comfortably read without squinting. Your problem is my solution, in a sense. I've tried your ctrl plus mouse wheel, and so far it works to enlarge text in Brave and Edge (which seems to stay that way until deliberately changed), as well as MS Word 2003 (which reverts with file switching).
My plain Jane mouse; Amazon Basics 3-Button USB Wired Computer Mouse (Black).
Even better yet, the browsers don't add an unwanted bottom scroll bar in the process; they just make text more readable. Thank you.
-ich thys (February 19, 2021, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's also the standard hotkeys, Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, Control+0 ... Zoom in, zoom out, and zoom 100%.
-4wd (February 19, 2021, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you. By the way, do you or anyone know the name of that program that keeps Desktop icons neatly arranged the way one wants it to stay?

4wd:
Thank you. By the way, do you or anyone know the name of that program that keeps Desktop icons neatly arranged the way one wants it to stay? -ich thys (February 21, 2021, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only one I've used is DesktopOK, doesn't keep icons in position but it does allow you to save/restore their positions.

ich thys:
Thank you. By the way, do you or anyone know the name of that program that keeps Desktop icons neatly arranged the way one wants it to stay? -ich thys (February 21, 2021, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only one I've used is DesktopOK, doesn't keep icons in position but it does allow you to save/restore their positions.
-4wd (February 22, 2021, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's the one. Didn't realize it can't  keep position, but at least it can save/restore position.

edit: For Windows x64 looks like the extracted subfiles are all titled in Slavic or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version