ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A good program for transcribe handwritten text to mechanical text in the pc

<< < (3/5) > >>

Contro:
I have installed FreeOCR. It's easy to install. but I don't see the option to recognize handwritten text.

How can I do ? Do you have an example, even in english ?

Best Regards

KodeZwerg:
-Contro (February 24, 2021, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

FreeOCR Help

Good Luck  :Thmbsup:

Dormouse:
I'm not convinced that FreeOCR will do handwriting. Most OCR programs don't. Of course, if the handwriting is regular enough they might work.

Most programs that will work are specifically set up to process handwriting as an input; OneNote for example. But they don't have a workflow that works well with a mass of handwritten documents. And many only work online (eg Pen to Print).

It seems as if it ought to be possible to have both capability and workflow, but I'm not sure it's been done yet. And maybe it's harder than it seems.

Contro:
I'm not convinced that FreeOCR will do handwriting. Most OCR programs don't. Of course, if the handwriting is regular enough they might work.

Most programs that will work are specifically set up to process handwriting as an input; OneNote for example. But they don't have a workflow that works well with a mass of handwritten documents. And many only work online (eg Pen to Print).

It seems as if it ought to be possible to have both capability and workflow, but I'm not sure it's been done yet. And maybe it's harder than it seems.
-Dormouse (February 24, 2021, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree with you.
But I would like don't.
 :P
Seems a difficult and experimental subject. One of those matters improving for the next year....
 :-*

Contro:
-Contro (February 24, 2021, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

FreeOCR Help

Good Luck  :Thmbsup:
-KodeZwerg (February 24, 2021, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
mmmm

Have you really try ?
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version