ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot on High Definition Monitor

(1/2) > >>

nkormanik:
I tried Screenshot Captor on a UHD monitor (3840x2160) and noticed all the screenshots appeared blurry, not like the original screen looked.  (Desktop, for instance.  Simply taking a screenshot of the Desktop.)

On a 1920x1080 screen, the Screenshot Captor screenshot was seemingly exactly as clear as the original screen appeared.

What gives?  Is there a setting that I can adjust?

Thanks much!

Nicholas Kormanik

mouser:
The actual screenshot taken should be an exact copy, but when SC renders the image in its window and has to SCALE it down, it can appear blurry.
So first thing to do is confirm this, by switching to 100% view inside SC window (which will make the capture larger than the window but should confirm that it looks fine).
Then you can go change the scaling algorithm in SC:

Let me know which smoothing option looks least blurry.. Maybe I can make that the default.

nkormanik:
Thanks Mouser.  I use another image viewing program to subsequently view the saved screenshots.  Perhaps the problem lies there.

Any suggestions about what the presently recommended image viewer is out there?

By the way, Windows 10 is set at 150% scaling on the UHD monitor, if that affects anything.

tomos:
Thanks Mouser.  I use another image viewing program to subsequently view the saved screenshots.  Perhaps the problem lies there.
-nkormanik (February 03, 2021, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
did you rule out SC as a problem? I mean do images show correctly in SC when shown @ 100% ?

tomos:
By the way, Windows 10 is set at 150% scaling on the UHD monitor, if that affects anything.
-nkormanik (February 03, 2021, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have 125% scaling in my laptop and I notice that screenshots in the browser, e.g. in the forum here always look blurry (no zoom in browser window) - I dont know whether this is just a coincidence or whether these two things are actually related... On my desktop which uses 100%, the same screenshots look perfectly sharp in the same browser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version