ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Powershell Scripting : VBA adaptation code for locate strings inside word files

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
I am trying to determine if the supposed eml and pdf intercepted are because or not containing the string .doc in the description ....-Contro (February 03, 2021, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's not a description, it's a file name.  Use the Comment metadata for a description.

1. I need a filter to filter what types and names I want to process-Contro (February 03, 2021, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

See above:

--- Code: PowerShell ---$list = Get-ChildItem "$($srce)\*" -Include *.doc,*.docx -exclude ~*,*.mem.doc -Recurse # Add more to exclude if necessary
Edit as necessary.

2. I would like too an option to manipulate the windows registry , specially if a window appear when opening the word file.
--- End quote ---

--- Code: PowerShell ---...  $wdAlertsAll = -1         # All message boxes and alerts are displayed; errors are returned to the macro.  $wdAlertsMessageBox = -2  # Only message boxes are displayed; errors are trapped and returned to the macro.  $wdAlertsNone = 0         # No alerts or message boxes are displayed. If a macro encounters a message box, the default value is chosen and the macro continues....  $objWord.DisplayAlerts = $wdAlertsNone  # See values above...
Might work, might not.

Contro:
I put this :

$list = Get-ChildItem "$($srce)\*" -Include *.doc* -exclude ~*,*.mem.doc,~*,*.rey.doc,~*,*.CTF.doc,~*,*.anx.doc,~*,*.pry.doc,~*,*.PST.doc, -Recurse # Add more to exclude if necessary

I'll put in a few days the window I wish to deactivate and how I do throught the options in microsoft word.
 :-* :P

4wd:
      $list = Get-ChildItem "$($srce)\*" -Include *.doc* -exclude ~*,*.mem.doc,~*,*.rey.doc,~*,*.CTF.doc,~*,*.anx.doc,~*,*.pry.doc,~*,*.PST.doc, -Recurse # Add more to exclude if necessary

I'll put in a few days the window I wish to deactivate and how I do throught the options in microsoft word.-Contro (February 04, 2021, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Changes were already in original post, you only had to add more to exclude.

reynolds_john:
May I suggest Everything ?

I tested it on Word docx and doc and other files for content and it works brilliantly. You can configure it to just monitor particular folders if you wish, run as a service, etc. etc.
Command line supported as well.
I've used this in environments with massive (20 million)+ files and had great success too.

Best,
--J

Contro:
May I suggest Everything ?

I tested it on Word docx and doc and other files for content and it works brilliantly. You can configure it to just monitor particular folders if you wish, run as a service, etc. etc.
Command line supported as well.
I've used this in environments with massive (20 million)+ files and had great success too.

Best,
--J
-reynolds_john (February 06, 2021, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
Wait for 4wd. He is my guru.
Have you tried to replace strings inside doc and docx files ?
Notepad++ and others also have the ability to search, but not to replace. Or if you replace you get a mess and a headache !!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version